Etihad Guest members can start earning miles on Air Serbia flights starting on October 28, 2013.
Air Serbia (Jat Airways) will ditch its own frequent flier program and will start using Etihad’s Guest program from that date as well.
Etihad Airways and Serbian government have both agreed to inject $40 million to the airline and provide an additional $60 in financing. The parties have also agreed to grant Etihad five year management contract to manage the airline. Etihad will also get 49% of the new airline.
You can access Etihad Guest web page for Air Serbia here.
Etihad Guest Silver, Gold & Gold Guest benefits on Air Serbia
As the Etihad Guest is now the frequent flier program of Air Serbia, all status related benefits also apply when flying on the airline.
The number of miles you earn is dependent of the booking class. Note that only flights operated and marketed by Air Serbia and/or Etihad are eligible for the credit.
Etihad Airways has been “spreading” all over by acquiring stakes on other airlines such as airberlin. It is interesting to see how this partnership with Air Serbia is going to play out.
Here are the terms and conditions of mileage earning on Air Serbia flights:
Earning Etihad Guest Miles with Air Serbia
• Invalid booking classes for accrual – Z, I, X and O
• Flights marketed by Air Serbia and operated by a third-party carrier other than Air Serbia, or Etihad Airways will not be eligible for Etihad Guest Miles accrual.
• Charter flights operated by Air Serbia are not eligible for mileage accrual.
• The accrual structure above will be for all flights effective 28 October 2013
Redeeming Miles for tickets on Air Serbia
• Award tickets are allowed for return and one-way journeys.
• Children 2 years and above, will be charged the adult mileage value and must be booked in the same booking as the accompanying adult.
• Infants between 0 and 2 years will be charged the 10% of the adult mileage value and must be booked in the same booking as the accompanying adult.
• Flight awards are subject to seat availability.
• Miles can be redeemed on all International and Domestic flights operated by Air Serbia.
• Award tickets are not valid on codeshare flights.
• A minimum of 14 days advance notice is required to book an award ticket.
• Award tickets on Air Serbia are valid for a maximum period of 12 months from date of departure booked.
• Applicable taxes and surcharges will have to be paid at the time of ticket issuance and are the responsibility of the guest.
• Award tickets are non-endorsable, non transferable and non refundable.
• Date changes are allowed with a USD20 reissuance fee within ticket validity and subject to seat availability.
• Name changes are not permitted.
• All award bookings are subject to a ticketing time limit set my Air Serbia systems.
• All bookings are subject to Air Serbia Terms and conditions.