Avianca LifeMiles has a new bonus for transferring miles between member accounts October 1-15, 2013. The LifeMiles will give 100% bonus on transferred miles during the promotional period.
The minimum number of miles that can be transferred to an account is 1,000 miles and the maximum 50,000. You pay a fee of $15 per 1,000 transferred miles and essentially paying 1.5 cents per newly minted LifeMiles.
You can access this offer on LifeMiles website here.
Avianca’s LifeMiles has learned all the tricks from US based programs how to promote selling of miles and collect some cash in the progress. The 1.5 cents per mile is the same price as during LifeMiles 100% bonus sales periods that happen couple of times per year.
The LifeMiles is a popular way of buying relatively cheap international business class tickets on Star Alliance carriers.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is available at LifeMiles.com, Avianca’s Information Centers and Call Center except for Venezuela where is only available through LifeMiles.com
- This promotion applies between October 1st, 2013 and October 15th, 2013, as the last date of transfer
- Minimum transfer miles: 1,000
- Maximum transfer miles: 50,000
- The miles must be transferred in multiples of 1,000
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $15 + local taxes
- For residents in Colombia: block transfer fee of 1.000 LifeMiles is USD $15 + local taxes The values ??must be calculated at the Alaico rate of the date of transaction
- For residents in Peru: the transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $17.7, S. / 49.6. Rate change to September 1st, 2013: S /. 2.80
- The amount paid for the miles’ transfer is not refundable
- Form of payment through Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through Earn/Transfer LifeMiles Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status
- The transaction receipt will reflect the total miles accrued in the member’s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge of the transaction
- The transferred miles, once accrued, can be redeemed according to the conditions specified in the LifeMiles’ Terms and Conditions and portfolio of products and services available for redemption
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply