Sometimes, I am just rolling my eyes when I see the chair & desk setup at some hotels. It makes you wonder if folks that design these have any clues of the business travelers’ needs?
Above is the setup at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Kuala Lumpur and it is one of the very worst that I have seen for a while:
– It is a closet like.
– You are staring at yourself in a mirror.
– Chair was way too low and extremely uncomfortable. Bearable after you added two pillows.
– Not enough space.
– Impossible to watch TV at the same time.
It is truly mind-boggling that so many hotels don’t get it right:
– The chair has to be comfortable and adjustable.
– The desk should be big enough for a laptop or two and papers.
– Unobstructed view of TV.
– Space around.
– Enough power outlets.
If the “office” space is as horrible, as on the photo above, I try to get things done in the club lounge. Usually, they are really quiet outside the morning breakfast and evening happy/alco hours.