It is early October and United has already rolled out their holiday offer for buying MileagePlus miles. This offer is valid for purchase made until December 31, 2013, and is offering 25% discount on the purchase price.
The maximum umber of miles that you can buy in a calendar year is maxed at 100,000. The price of a mile under this offer is 2.8 cents per miles that is too expensive.
You can usually buy United miles for a lot less using the Award/Premier Accelerator (read more here) or during better sales.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
I like United miles a lot due to the flexibility of using them on Star Alliance airlines. I would not however, buy them at this price.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- To take advantage of this offer, you must use the order links on this page.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on December 31, 2013.
- For a limited time get a 25% discount on the regular price when you purchase miles via the above links.
- Allow 48 hours for purchased miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Displayed price includes all taxes.
- Minimum purchase of 2,000 miles required for this promotion.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 miles.
- Purchase up to 100,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other applicable fees are subject to change.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.