United Airlines often sends targeted bonus miles offers for those MileagePlus members that have not had any activity for a while.
LoyaltyLobby reader forwarded me an offer he had received from United for triple award miles.
The offer is for triple miles for flights ticketed and flown between October 15 and January 15, 2014. Note that, if you received this offer, you still must register for it that you can do here.
There doesn’t seem to be a fare class restriction this time that usually renders these offers useless, but all fares qualify. There does, however, seem to be a return trip requirement that is buried on the terms and conditions. The number of bonus miles that you can earn is maxed at 75,000.
Travel providers (airlines & hotels) are more often sending targeted offers for those that haven’t used their services for a while and leaving heavy users without promotions taking their business for granted.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Only original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
- To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register on united.com prior to travel, then purchase and complete qualifying roundtrip flights to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
- Ticketing dates: October 15, 2013 – January 15, 2014
- Travel dates: October 15, 2013 – January 15, 2014
- Members can earn triple award miles for travel on all paid qualifying published flights.
- “Triple award miles” is defined as three award miles for each mile flown and include base miles earned on paid segments flown during the promotion period.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel from the destination city back to the origin city, with all flight segments operated by United or United Express. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way trips, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
- Bonus may be earned for a maximum of 75,000 award miles, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- The offer is not valid on government fares.
- Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus.