Star Alliance had launched a Gold Game that testes your knowledge of the alliance by asking five questions. You can win one of the 36 prizes of Star Alliance Gold status in one of the participating programs.
This offer is valid for all other current Star Alliance members except TAM that leaves the alliance in March and US Airways that is trying to merge with American Airlines and exits the alliance upon merger completion.
Aeroplan® (Air Canada), Airpoints® (Air New Zealand), ANA Mileage Club® (ANA), Asiana Club® (Asiana Airlines), EGYPTAIR Plus® (EGYPTAIR), EuroBonus® (Scandinavian Airlines), Infinity MileageLands® (EVA Air), KrisFlyer® (Singapore Airlines), LifeMiles® (Avianca), Miles & Bonus (Aegean Airlines), Miles & More® (Adria Airways, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS), Mileage Plus® (Copa Airlines, United), Miles & Smiles® (Turkish Airlines), PhoenixMiles® (Air China, Shenzhen Airlines), Royal Orchid Plus® (THAI), ShebaMiles® (Ethiopian Airlines), Victoria® (TAP Portugal), SA Voyager® (South African Airways).
You can access this offer here and it expires on December 13, 2013.
I have now tried to play this game twice, but I never get it to work past the question number two on the laptop/browser combinations that I use. It seems to just “hang” for me.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
The Gold Game is an online game with the Gold Status benefits at its core. It will feature five quick-fire rounds, with each question linked to a Gold Status benefit. The questions will test the player’s international travel knowledge where they will be asked multiple choice questions, puzzle solving and observational skills. Players get one go of the game and a second chance if they share it via social media channels or via email. Subject to the following Terms and Conditions, players have the chance to win Gold Status on a member airline Frequent Flyer Programme of their choice:
- This Gold Game Competition (the “Competition”) is open to members of the public aged 18 and over only and participation in this Competition is subject to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Proof of age may be required at any stage of the Competition. Employees of the Promoter (as defined below); employees of any Star Alliance member carrier; and employees of adam&eveDDB Ltd., Atomic London Ltd., Space66 Ltd. or any of their agents, contractors or distributors, are not eligible to participate. Furthermore agents, contractors and distributors as well as employees of the marketing or media agencies or any IT supplier contracted by the Promoter (as defined below) or its contractors and subcontractors for services to be provided for this Competition and anyone connected with this Competition are not eligible to participate.
- The promoter of this Competition is Star Alliance Services GmbH (the “Promoter”), whose offices are situated at Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby, Frankfurt D-60546, Germany. All decisions made by the Promoter in all matters regarding this Competition are final, no correspondence will be entered into and recourse to the courts shall be excluded.
- The Competition starts at 9:00 am GMT on 1st November, 2013 (the “Starting Date”) and ends at 6:00 pm GMT 13th December, 2013 (the “Closing Date”); the time between the Starting Date and the Closing Date: (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Closing Date of the Competition will not be considered.
- By entering the Competition, you (the “Entrant”) are deemed to have understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). You, the Entrant, will be asked to expressly accept these Terms and Conditions when you register for this Competition. Please retain a copy of these Terms for your future reference. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not register for this Competition. Without agreement to these Terms and Conditions you will not be allowed to participate in this Competition.
- Your attention is drawn in particular to the limitations of liability contained in these Terms (Sections 13 – 15).
- This Competition and any disputes relating to it will be interpreted by the laws of England and Wales and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Competition Rules:
- To enter the Competition you must fully complete the entry form providing your full name and email address, accept these Terms and Conditions available at staralliancegoldgame.com, select the Frequent Flyer Programme of your choice (“Selected FFP”) that you would like to win the Star Alliance Gold Status with and answer a series of skill testing, quiz questions. You will be timed when playing the game and the time you spend completing the competition entries will be recorded (“Playing Time”). After you have registered your details and accepted these Terms and Conditions you will be allowed to play the game once. Once you have completed the game, you have an option to share the game via a selection of social media channels if you have an account with them or via email. Subject to and upon sharing the game via at least one of these channels you will be given a final opportunity to play the game to improve your recorded Playing Time.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- The Promoter does not guarantee that the time shown on the participant’s computer/device equals the Playing Time recorded by the Promoter.
- You may register to enter the competition only once.
- Entry forms have to be completed online. Entries that are illegible, lost, delayed, misplaced, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reasons, or fail to comply with or do not expressly accept these Terms will be disqualified. Proof of delivery is not proof of receipt.
- In Question 4 of the game, players will be asked to rearrange the contents of the suitcase. Once they begin the task, players have the option to skip the question. If the player chooses to skip the question, they will incur a time penalty for doing so. The “Playing Time” recorded including this penalty, will be the final time entered.
- All flight information in Question 5 has been checked with respective Star Alliance member airlines and was deemed correct at the time of checking.
- For every incorrect answer players will incur a time penalty, which will be added to the “Playing Time.”
- Winner Selection:
- The two Entrants with the quickest Playing Time for each Selected Frequent Flyer Programme in the Competition Period will be amongst Prize winners. There are two Star Alliance Gold Status Prizes (as defined below in Section 8) for one year to be won on 18 Frequent Flyer Programmes of selected member airlines within the Star Alliance Network (each an “FFP”). Each registered participant will compete against all other participants registered for the same Selected FFP. In total there will be 36 Star Alliance Gold Status Prizes to be won; each entrant can only win one Star Alliance Gold Status Prize.
- The two Entrants per Selected FFP category with the quickest Playing Times will be awarded a Prize. In the event that there are more than two Entrants with the quickest Playing Time in the Selected FFP category, the two winners of these Entrants with the same quickest Playing Time will be picked at random.
- Winners will be contacted by Atomic London Ltd., with offices located at 88 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7DB, United Kingdom (“ATOMIC LONDON”) on behalf of the Promoter via the email address provided during the entry process within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date. Winners will need to respond to this email confirming their full name, address with country of residence, date of birth, telephone number, FFP membership number and status in that FFP where applicable, and acceptance of the respective Prize (“Response”) within five (5) working days of it being sent (“Response Period”), otherwise he or she will be disqualified and an alternative Entrant with the quickest time will be awarded the Prize. In case that the winner is not a member of the Selected FFP, the winner must register as a member with the Selected FFP and obtain a membership in this programme within the Response Period and include the newly obtained FFP membership number and status in the Response.
- The Prize on offer is Star Alliance Gold Status entitling the winner to Star Alliance Gold Status benefits (as defined on http://www.staralliance.com/en/benefits/status-benefits/gold-silver-status/, as amended from time to time, hereinafter the “Star Alliance Gold Benefits”) on a Frequent Flyer Programme of the participant’s choice selected at registration for the Competition (Selected FFP), hereinafter the “Prize”. Two winners from each FFP will be chosen and will be honoured with the status matching to the Star Alliance Gold Status of the Selected FFP. In case there are 2 or more tiers in the Selected FFP matching to Star Alliance Gold Status, the Selected FFP has the right to choose the status and tier to be given to the winner. The benefits associated with the granted status and tier in the Selected FFP are subject to the decision of the FFP Owners (as defined below) and subject to the terms and conditions of the Selected FFP but will in any case include all Star Alliance Gold Benefits.
- The Star Alliance Gold Status in the Selected FFP is valid for 12 months from the date that the status is given. The Prize is not transferrable to any third party. Only in case that the winner already has the Star Alliance Gold Status in the Selected FFP, the Prize can be transferred to a member of his/her family or a friend to be determined by the winner (the “Substitute”). The Star Alliance Gold Status cannot be transferred from the programme to which that winner belongs, to another FFP. In case the Substitute is not a member of the Selected FFP, then the Substitute must join that programme within two weeks (commencing with the Response by the winner) to obtain the Star Alliance Gold Status.
- There is no cash or other alternative.
- The participating Star Alliance Frequent Flyer Programmes (FFP’s) are listed below with the Star Alliance member airlines they are applicable to (the “FFP Owners”):
- Aeroplan® (Air Canada), Airpoints® (Air New Zealand), ANA Mileage Club® (ANA), Asiana Club® (Asiana Airlines), EGYPTAIR Plus® (EGYPTAIR), EuroBonus® (Scandinavian Airlines), Infinity MileageLands® (EVA Air), KrisFlyer® (Singapore Airlines), LifeMiles® (Avianca), Miles & Bonus (Aegean Airlines), Miles & More® (Adria Airways, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS), Mileage Plus® (Copa Airlines, United), Miles & Smiles® (Turkish Airlines), PhoenixMiles® (Air China, Shenzhen Airlines), Royal Orchid Plus® (THAI), ShebaMiles® (Ethiopian Airlines), Victoria® (TAP Portugal), SA Voyager® (South African Airways).
- Unless expressly otherwise stated in these Terms, the Prize is not transferrable. The Prize shall not be redeemable for cash. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value for any Prize if the intended Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond its reasonable control.
- At any time during the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Entrant for any failure to observe the Terms including but not limited to cases where the Promoter believes the Entrant to be engaged in any kind of illegal or inappropriate behaviour. In the event that a Winner is disqualified, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative Winner selected by the Promoter as described in section 7 of these Terms.
- The Winner shall be solely responsible for paying any and all taxes associated with the receipt or use of the Prize awarded to the Winner in this Competition, including but not limited to country, state, local taxes and VAT under applicable law.
- The Promoter may, at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, amend or modify these Terms and may also suspend, interrupt, terminate or discontinue this Competition at any time (as it may reasonably deem necessary due to circumstances beyond its control) without notice or liability to anyone. This applies in particular, but is not limited to, in the event of any circumstances that disrupt the Competition or prevent it from proceeding as planned.
- By entering the Competition, and subject at all times to Section 14, you release to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, the Promoter[s], any Prize suppliers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, whether consequential or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the Competition or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other alleged cause of action.
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes, or will be deemed to limit or exclude, the Promoters’ liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or liability that may not otherwise be limited or excluded by law.
- Subject at all times to Section 14, the Promoter shall not be responsible for any breaches of contract or any actions or omissions on the part of the Star Alliance member airlines, of the owners of the Selected FFP or of ATOMIC LONDON or its contractors and subcontractors nor be liable in any way to any party for any loss or damage arising in connection with this Competition, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to any illegible, lost, delayed or incomplete entries, error in computing, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment and any notice which is misdirected or lost in post. Proof of delivery is not proof of receipt.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition shall be directed to email@example.com.
- By accepting these Terms, you agree and consent to the Promoter publishing your first name, the initial of your last name on the competition page on www.staralliancegoldgame.com and/or staralliance.com and in other marketing materials and channels of Star Alliance, its member carriers or the FFPs, including but not limited to social media channels. This information may also be used (including, but not limited to the internet) for advertising or publicity purposes (where legal), and the use of statements made by or attributed to the Winner of this Competition, and any and all rights to said use, without further compensation, and agree and consent to the Promoter using your information as described in these Terms both within and outside the European Economic Area.
- The Winners will be publicly announced on the Gold Game competition page on www.staralliancegoldgame.com. First names and the initial of the last names may be displayed from 9:00 amGMT 31st January, 2014 (provided no unforeseen incident happens) until 09:00 am GMT 28th February, 2014.
- Any personal data relating to Entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the Entrant’s prior consent save as set out in these Terms. All data, including personal data submitted by you is supplied voluntarily. Data relating to Entrants, including but not limited to personal data, is collected and will be retained by Atomic London Ltd., with offices located at 88 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7DB United Kingdom (“ATOMIC LONDON”), the agency contracted by the Promoter, for and on behalf of the Promoter and you consent to the collection, storing, processing, transfer and use of this data by ATOMIC LONDON, the Promoter and the FFP Owners for the purposes set out in these Terms. Any collected personal data (other than the data provided by the winners of the Prize in the Response)will be deleted three months after the end of the Competition.
- Winners of any Prizes may be requested to take part in any publicity. They will do so without fee though the promoters will reimburse reasonable and necessary travel expenses.
- This Competition is void in all countries where it is illegal by law. The promoters cannot award the prize to any participant in a jurisdiction where this promotion is unlawful. Should a winner come forward from such a country that person will be disqualified. We therefore recommend that participants should think of taking We therefore recommend that participants should think of taking local advice about their right to enter.
- By entering the Competition, you, the Entrant, allow ATOMIC LONDON to anonymously track and report the Entrant’s activity inside the Competition site, in order to allow ATOMIC LONDON to organize and enhance the Competition site.
- This Competition is not in association with Facebook or any social media channel. Facebook or any social media channel does not actively endorse the promotion.
- The English version of these terms and conditions is the sole authorised version of these terms and conditions. While every endeavour has been used in the execution of the translation into Mandarin, any conflict between the Mandarin and English versions is to be resolved in favour of the English version in each and every matter, and regardless of the degree of variation or importance between the English and Mandarin versions.