United just sent out targeted offers for up to 30% discount for buying MileagePlus miles by November 18, 2013.
Note that this offer is targeted and the link that United uses has the MileagePlus number embedded.
Buying 150,000 miles under this offer would set you back by close to $4K. The price of a purchase mile is 2.63 cents each that is on the high side.
It is soon last call for the United awards at the current prices, as the most international business and first class awards go up in price significantly on February 1, 2014 (read more here).
You can usually purchase United miles for less than 2.63 cents each by going the Award/Premier Accelerator route.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Buy award miles now and save up to 30%
(Displayed price includes all discounts)
Terms and conditions:
- Minimum purchase of 12,000 miles required for this promotional pricing.
- Buy 12,000 to 24,000 miles and receive a 20% discount, or buy 25,000 miles or more for a 30% discount.
- Displayed price includes all discounts and taxes. Offer valid only for account number listed below in #1.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other applicable fees are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on November 18, 2013.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.