Delta is again selling SkyMiles Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM’s) to keep or up your status for the 2014 membership year. You have until December 31, 2013, to purchase 2,500 to 10,000 miles.
You can access your personalized offer on Delta’s website here after logging to your SkyMiles account. The price is likely determined by your Medallion status and the number of current MQM’s.
My personalized offer was 10,000 MQM’s for $1075.
- MQMs purchased will be deposited to your 2013 MQM balance
- MQMs purchased through this Buy MQMs offer are nonrefundable
- Rollover MQMs are a Medallion benefit only. General members with fewer than 25,000 MQMs by December 31, 2013, will not roll over unused MQMs
- Members who qualify for Rollover MQMs toward 2015 Medallion status must also earn the minimum amount of Medallion Qualification Dollars effective for January 1, 2014
- If applicable, Medallion status and Million Miler™ status will be updated within 24 hours of MQMs purchase
- The minimum/maximum MQMs per transaction are 2,500 / 10,000
- The maximum MQMs that may be purchased for one SkyMiles account for the 2014 Medallion year is 10,000
- All transactions are processed in U.S. dollars
- All the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles program apply
The pricing of the MQM’s seems bit rich for me this year and you don’t earn any award miles by purchased these.
If you have any time in your hands before the end of 2013 and would need some more MQM’s, I would rather take a quick weekend getaway somewhere.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Pursuant to this Agreement and the order form for Buy MQMs, the Member desires to buy MQMs for posting to the Member’s account, and the purchasing Member acknowledges that they will be charged certain fees for such a transaction, as set forth herein on this website. Fees assessed for the MQMs purchased under the Buy MQMs Program are non-refundable.
- The purchase and use of these MQMs are subject to the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Membership Guide. To review the rules, see Membership Guide & Program Rules. Offers void where prohibited by law. Additional restrictions may apply. Delta is solely responsible for the redemption and fulfillment of MQMs.
- The sale, barter, gift or assignment of MQMs, mileage awards or other benefits, other than by Delta, is expressly prohibited.
- Please allow 24 hours for the MQMs purchased under the Buy MQMs Program to be posted to a SkyMiles account. Purchased MQMs through the Buy MQMs program will only be deposited toward a Member’s 2013 MQM balance.
- The Buy MQMs program is a limited time offer and will be available 12:00 AM CST December 3, 2013 through 11:59 PM CST December 31, 2013.
- The Member’s acceptance of the terms of this Agreement authorizes Delta to charge the credit card that such Member provides under the Buy MQMs Program for the amount stated, based on the number of MQMs purchased by such Member. In the event of any MQM or financial discrepancy, the payment calculations under this Agreement shall be based upon data contained in Delta’s records, and the data in Delta’s records shall take precedence over the data in any other records.
- Any MQMs purchased through this agreement may not be conveyed to persons engaged in the sale, direct or indirect, of flight MQMs or arranging for the sale of such MQMs. Any improper usage of MQMs pursuant to this Agreement and the Buy MQMs Program, or any other misuse of MQMs, shall be grounds for immediate confiscation and forfeit of such MQMs, including the adjustment of Medallion status and may be grounds for the forfeiture of all MQMs in the Member’s account and the Member’s ejection from the SkyMiles program.
- Buy MQMs may only be received into SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one mile since enrolling in the SkyMiles program. This Program may not be available in all markets or geographic areas. Member must purchase the minimum transaction amount of 2,500 MQMs per transaction. Purchased MQMs will count toward qualifications for SkyMiles Medallion and Million Miler status and will not count toward a Member’s available mileage balance.
- Member may not purchase more than 10,000 MQMs for posting to his or her own account for the 2014 Medallion year. Purchased MQMs cannot be gifted or transferred between accounts.
- All amounts paid by the Member for the purchase of MQMs is pursuant to this Agreement or as otherwise set forth on the Buy MQMs purchase pages. MQM purchases are in U.S. dollars.
- The Member shall comply with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations with respect to this Agreement and the purchase of MQMs under the Buy MQMs Program.
- By submitting the order form for MQMs, or by allowing the credit card number provided to be charged for the purchase of MQMs under the Buy MQMs program, the Member acknowledges and signifies his or her agreement with the terms and conditions stated.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Member and Delta with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to such subject matter.
- Delta Air Lines retains the right to remove purchased MQMs if payment is not received by the Bill To Party.
- MQMs purchased through the Buy MQMs program may count as Rollover MQMs. Any MQMs earned above your Medallion qualification level at the end of the year will automatically roll over to your MQM balance for status qualification the following year. Rollover MQMs are a Medallion benefit only; non-Medallion Members with less than 25,000 MQMs as of December 31, 2013 will not roll over unused MQMs.
- Members that qualify for Rollover MQMs must also earn the minimum amount of Medallion Qualification Dollars needed to qualify for Medallion status effective January 1, 2014.
- All Buy MQMs transactions are final. Once a transaction is complete the MQMs will not be reversed under any circumstance.
- Personal information provided in this application will be used by Delta Air Lines for the purpose of managing the Buy MQMs and the SkyMiles program which are necessary for your participation in this program.
- Offer is valid for one SkyMiles account; merged SkyMiles accounts cannot exceed the 10,000 maximum MQMs.
Here are the frequently asked question by Delta:
How do I purchase MQMs for my account?
Buy MQMs is a limited time online offer that allows eligible SkyMiles members to purchase MQMs for their own SkyMiles accounts. Simply complete the Buy MQMs purchase information to begin a transaction. When prompted, enter the number of MQMs you would like to purchase for your SkyMiles account. Purchased MQMs may only be applied to SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one mile since enrolling in the SkyMiles program. Note: Rollover MQMs is a benefit available to Medallion members only. Non-Medallion members who will have less than 25,000 MQMs as of December 31, 2013 will not be able to roll over MQMs.
How many MQMs can I purchase for my account?
You may buy up to 10,000 MQMs for your SkyMiles account for the 2014 Medallion year.
How much do MQMs cost?
Standard transaction terms are documented on the Buy MQMs purchase page once you log in with your SkyMiles account. Once a mileage purchase is requested and the credit card is charged, Buy MQMs amounts are non-refundable.
Do purchased MQMs help me qualify for Medallion status next year?
Yes. Purchased MQMs will post to your 2013 MQM balance and apply toward your 2014 Medallion status. If applicable, Million Miler status and Medallion status will be updated within 24 hours of MQM purchase.
Do purchased MQMs count towards my SkyMiles Mileage Balance to be used for Award Tickets?
No. Purchased MQMs will post to your 2013 Medallion qualification balance. They do not count towards your SkyMiles mileage balance.
Can I purchase MQMs if I live outside the United States?
Yes, the Buy MQMs offer is available to eligible SkyMiles members worldwide. The transaction will be processed in U.S. Dollars.
Is my order secure? Will my personal information be kept confidential?
Who can help me if I am having difficulties purchasing MQMs?
For additional questions or assistance completing a Buy MQMs transaction, please Talk To Us.