Malaysia Airlines is currently having 50% off award sale on all routes for travel between January 1 and June 30, 2014. The ticket must be issued by December 8, 2013.
Note that the discount is available on direct flights and do apply for FireFly flights as well.
Europe & USA
Australia & New Zealand
China & Japan
Malaysia Airlines has these 50% off award sales couple of times a year. If you have Enrich miles and can plan in advance, this is a very good time to put them in use.
Here are the terms and conditions of this redemption offer:
1. This redemption promotion is only applicable for Malaysia Airlines and Firefly flights. Seats given under this promotion are limited and shall be given on a first come, first served basis, subject to any applicable terms and conditions and rules and regulations of Malaysia Airlines and Firefly.
2. This Promotion is valid for one-way/return Malaysia Airlines flights from/to Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu to/from all destinations worldwide; and Firefly flights between all destinations. From/to in this context refers to travel between two destinations, e.g. from London to Kuala Lumpur and return, or Kuala Lumpur to Sydney and return, or Perth to Kuala Lumpur and return.
3. The 50% Enrich Worldwide Redemption does not apply for connecting flights, e.g. Sydney – Kuala Lumpur – London return or London – Kuala Lumpur – Singapore return. To enjoy this promotion, tickets for each connecting flight must be redeemed separately.
4. This offer is valid from 01 December to 08 December 2013 (“the promotion period”), and strictly for travel period from 01 January to 30 June 2014.
5. The entire journey must be completed before the end of the travel period specified. Further extensions are not allowed. Redemption tickets are valid until 30 June 2014.
6. Extension of ticket with promo miles beyond the specified travel period date is NOT allowed.
7. Any request for an extension or reissuance shall be subjected to a USD60 extension fee and the applicable required normal miles (miles not under any promotion). Additional taxes may apply.
8. Change of date is allowed within the ticket promotion validity period. For the unutilised redemption ticket, change of date/sector is allowed within the ticket promotion validity period. For the partly utilised ticket, only change of flight/date is allowed within the ticket promotion validity period. All changes are subject to a USD50 reissuance fee. Additional taxes may apply.
9. A no show fee of USD80 will apply for last minute seat cancellation of each award redemption ticket. Additional taxes may apply.
10. Change in routing or change to a higher class for the same sector, e.g. from Economy to Business Class or Business to First Class, will be subjected to the applicable higher class promotion miles if the ticket and travel date is redeemed within the promotion period. Normal miles will apply for any change to a higher class or change in routing after the promotion period. Additional taxes may apply.
11. Once a redemption ticket is issued, it is considered used if not utilised for the flight reserved and Enrich Miles will be forfeited. Upon the forfeiture of the tickets, the Member shall have no further claim whatsoever against Malaysia Airlines, including any claim for airport taxes and any surcharges paid.
12. Tickets are non-endorsable, non-reroutable, non-transferable and non-refundable. Malaysia Airlines or Firefly (where applicable) shall invalidate such tickets if any breach is found.
13. Tickets must be redeemed before/on 08 December 2013. Failure to do so will make the member ineligible for the promotion miles.
14. This redemption promotion is only applicable to Malaysia Airlines flights on Economy (L, V, S, K, M, Y, B and H), Business (J, C and D) and First Class (F and A); and Firefly flights Y, W, U, K, B, M Q, H and S.
15. This offer is not valid for all one world partner flights, Enrich partner flights, MH9000 series, MASwings, codesharing flights or flights jointly operated by other airlines. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein, Malaysia Airlines shall have the right to reject any request for redemption of tickets for any reason whatsoever as it deems fit and reasonable at its sole discretion.
16. Top-up with Enrich Express is permitted provided 70% of the required Enrich Miles is available in the Member’s account for use on the redemption ticket.
17. Tickets issued prior to this promotion (before 01 December 2013) are not eligible for reissuance or refund for the purpose of utilising this promotion.
18. Name change is not permitted.
19. The 50% discount cannot be used with other promotions.
20. The Enrich Worldwide Redemption promotion is also available online and this will override the 15% normal online rebate.
21. The Terms and Conditions for Cash + Miles redemption apply if Cash + Miles is used for this promotion. For the full Cash + Miles Terms and Conditions, please refer to: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich/about-enrich/terms-and-conditions.html
22. Strictly NO refund is allowed for tickets redeemed with full miles and tickets redeemed with Cash + Miles, including taxes and any surcharges collected under this 50% promotion.
23. Enrich reserves the right to cancel this promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time with or without prior notice.
24. Other standard reservations and ticketing including but not limited to Malaysia Airlines General Terms and Conditions, Firefly General Conditions of Carriage, the respective airline’s rules and regulations, and Enrich Terms and Conditions are applicable.