LoyaltyLobby reader forwarded me a link for an offer on Hertz’s website to purchase a Platinum status and he wanted to get my opinion about the status/price.
I have rented a lot over the years, but have not used any one rental car agency exclusively. My main ones have been National, Avis/Budget & Hertz. They all have their strength and weaknesses.
You can access this offer on Hertz’s website here.
Hertz Platinum benefits:
– Guaranteed vehicle availability worldwide
– Guaranteed vehicle upgrades
– Personalized concierge service on every rental
– Private car service back to your departure terminal
– A four-hour grace period on your returns
– Complimentary Hertz Platinum benefits for a spouse or domestic partner
– Exclusive savings on Hertz Prestige and Adrenaline Collection vehicles
– Complimentary extras such as ski racks and child car seats
– 25% Bonus on Hertz Gold Plus RewardsTM Points
– 675 Points after every 15 qualifying Hertz rentals
The private car service back to the terminal is a great benefit. The driver will take you with your bags directly to the drop off door and you can bypass the regular shuttle bus altogether.
If your rentals tend to be just over one day, the four hour grace period can save a lot over the year as well.
You can essentially share this service with a friend and split the cost.
There are other perks that may or may not benefit you as well.
Price To Acquire Platinum
The price of the upgrade is dependent of your current status with Hertz.
It is always very difficult to give an advise, whether someone should pay more than a thousand bucks to purchase the Platinum status with Hertz.
If I would do weekly rentals with Hertz and could average the price out of 50 or so rentals, I believe that the benefits would outweigh the price.