United has a new offer for buying MileagePlus miles at 25% off that expires on December 13, 2013.
Unlike some previous offers, this one is open for all. You can buy up to 150,000 miles yearly and the price under this offer is 2.82 cents each.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
The price of the United MileagePlus mile under his offer is too high to make sense for most members to purchase.
The number of miles for many United issued Star Alliance awards is skyrocketing next year and buying miles will make even less sense in 2014 compared today.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- To take advantage of this offer, you must use the order links on this page.
- Minimum purchase of 2,000 miles required for this promotional pricing.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Displayed price includes all discounts and taxes.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on December 13, 2013.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.