United is offering 25% discount on buying miles until January 10, 2014. This is exactly the same offer that United had at the end of 2013.
The maximum umber of miles that you can buy in a calendar year is maxed at 150,000. The price of a mile under this offer is 2.8 cents per miles that is expensive.
You can usually buy United miles for a lot less using the Award/Premier Accelerator (read more here) or during better sales.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
I like United miles a lot due to the flexibility of using them on Star Alliance airlines before the February devaluation that is about to hit us. I would not buy them at this price.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- To take advantage of this offer, you must use the order links on this page.
- Minimum purchase of 5,000 miles required for this promotional pricing.
- Buy 5,000 to 14,000 miles and receive a 15% discount, or buy 15,000 miles or more for a 25% discount.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Displayed price includes all discounts and taxes.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on January 10, 2014.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.