Virgin Atlantic Flying Club has a promotion for buying, gifting and sharing miles between January 13 and February 10, 2014. The airline is offering 25% bonus.
You can access this offer on Virgin Atlantic’s home page here.
The price of a miles purchased under this offer is 2.18 cents each.
Virgin Atlantic charges very high fuel surcharges for award flights. Buying miles can make sometimes, although rarely, sense.
I am not huge fan of these programs that charge high fuel surcharges on award tickets. I have 700K Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles sitting on my account that were earned from number of non-flying activity during the past 10 years.
There are some reasonable deals for using Flying Club miles such as redeeming for their Hong Kong to Sydney flight in Upper Class with “reasonable” charges.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. Applicable Buy, Gift and Transfer Miles purchases made between January 13, 2014 and February 10, 2014 inclusive will be eligible to receive the 25% Bonus Miles.
2. Miles Booster purchases between January 13, 2014 and February 10, 2014 inclusive will be eligible to receive 25% Bonus Miles.
3. The 25% Miles Booster Bonus Miles will be posted to Members’ accounts no later than February 21, 2014. All Buy, Gift and Transfer bonus Miles will be credited at point of purchase and will appear on Members’ accounts within 24 hours.
4. The 1,000 mile promotional bonus as detailed in the main terms and conditions of Miles Booster will not receive the 25% Bonus Miles.
5. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to amend or cancel any of these terms and conditions without notice at any time.
6. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.