Virgin Atlantic has their periodic economy award sale going on at 25% off for ticketed By January 27, 2014.
Virgin Atlantic has released a list of dates when travel is not allowed using the award sale. The excluded dates are April 4 – April 21 and July 16 – September 2, 2014.
Hold that thought! You may have noticed that we’ve lowered the amount of Fuel Surcharge on these long haul Economy flights. This change won’t just apply to this offer period, so keep up to date via our Reward Flights pages as more information follows.
You wouldn’t believe it based on the charges that Virgin has listed for these awards. Quite frankly, most of these make no sense at all outside of special periods that are not on the excluded travel date list due to very high fuel surcharges that Virgin still assess for award tickets.
Here is the list of destinations:
Virgin Atlantic should further lower the fuel surcharged it charges for the award tickets. $500 in taxes/fees/fuel surcharges for an award ticket from London to New York?
Here are the terms and conditions of this sale:
1. Flying Club reward flights are subject to the payment of applicable taxes, charges, fees and surcharges. The exact amount will be advised at the time of booking online or via our Contact Centres.
2. Offer valid for travel in Economy Class only across all routes except Grenada and Tobago. Little Red flights are also included.
3. This offer is for full mileage reward seats only, and cannot be combined with Miles Plus Money fares.
4. CombiFares are permitted.
5. The 25% reduction in mileage offer can be booked on different routes as long as both routes are included in the promotion e.g. London – San Francisco and Los Angeles to London.
6. Once the booking has been ticketed, amending the route is not permitted.
7. Date changes can be made (normal charges apply).
8. Credit card upgrades can be applied to this offer.
9. All Virgin Atlantic Reward seat travel is strictly subject to availability. Some flights may have no availability on certain routes, and popular dates e.g. Weekends, school and public holidays.
10. Passengers are not entitled to earn Flying Club miles or tier points.