Copa, Panama based Star Alliance member airline, that uses United’s Mileage Plus as its frequent flier program is offering 25% PQM bonus on all flights in 2014.
This offer appears to be targeted, although the copy says that it is open for all MileagePlus members but then mentions on the T&C’s that it is only available for the recipients of the email.
The only requirement is that the Copa tickets is purchased directly from the airline on Copa’s website, call center or CTO (City Ticket Office).
You can access Copa’s website for this offer here.
Copa’s MileagePlus tie up is from the time the airline was partly owned by Continental that merged later with United. All the MileagePlus elite benefits apply for flights taken with this airline.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. Offer is valid for MileagePlus members who are the original recipients of a direct-mail or email invitation from Copa Airlines and who complete qualifying travel on Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia.
2. Only flights purchased through Copa Airlines direct channels are eligible to earn the bonus (Web – copaair.com, Call Center and City Ticket Office – CTO).
3. Offer valid for tickets purchased between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014, for travel complete between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.
4. On paid qualifying flights members can earn 25% additional bonus PQM for tickets purchased in C, D, Y, B, M, H, Q, K, V, U, S, W, E, L, T and N booking classes.
5. The 25% bonus PQM is calculated against the actual flight miles of each segment flown during the promotion period.
6. This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQMs.
7. The members MileagePlus account number must be included on each reservation and flight activity must be posted to the member’s account in order to qualify for this offer.
8. PQMs cannot be redeemed for award travel.
9. Offer is not valid on Copa Airlines marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. With the exception of Copa Airlines Colombia operated by Aero República.
10. Offer is not valid on government fares.
11. Offer is not combinable and can be earned an unlimited number of times during the promotional period.
12. Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after completion of qualifying activity.
13. Flights booked with award miles are not eligible for the offer.
14. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
15. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to www.united.com. This message was sent to [email]. If you wish to remove your email address from our mailing list, click here.