Copa Airlines that uses MileagePlus as its frequent flier program, due to being party owned by Continental in the past, has made a targeted offer for Silver status and 5,000 bonus miles after flying six segments.
This offer is valid for tickets purchased and flown on Copa or Copa Columbia between February 1 and March 31, 2014.
You can access this offer on Copa’s website here.
MileagePlus Silver status usually requires 25,000 PQM’s (Premier Qualifying Miles) and there is no PQD (Premier Qualifying Dollar) requirement outside of the United States.
Silver status gets you some benefits when flying on United and Copa such as space available upgrades that won’t happen on UA for Silvers but may on some routes operated by Copa.
This offer is targeted, but won’t hurt to try registering for it. The targeted MileagePlus members are likely those that live in South and/or Central America and have taken Copa flights previously.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. Offer is valid only for MileagePlus members who are the original recipient of a direct-mail or email invitation from Copa Airlines.
2. To qualify for the offer you must register on united.com before travel.
3. MileagePlus member will earn Premier Silver status and a one-time 5,000 award miles bonus for flying six paid qualifying segments on Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia anywhere Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia fly .
4. Offer valid for tickets purchased between February 1, 2014 and March 31, 2014, for travel completed between February 1, 2014 and March 31, 2014.
5. Purchase is required on copa.com, at Copa´s reservation center, at Copa Airlines offices or at your preferred travel agency.
6. Eligible fare classes are C, D, Y, B, M, H, Q, K, V, U, S, W, E, L, T and N.
7. This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, Premier qualifying miles (PQM) class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQMs.
8. The member’s MileagePlus account number must be included on each reservation and flight activity must be posted to the member’s account in order to qualify for this offer.
9. Award travel is not eligible.
10. Premier Silver status and the 5.000 bonus award miles will be awarded and posted to the member´s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
11. Offer is not valid on Copa Airlines marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers, With the exception of Copa Airlines Colombia operated by Aero República.
12. Premier Silver status will be valid until January 31, 2015.
13. Offer is not valid on government fares.
14. Offer is not combinable.
15. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
16. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus. This message was sent to [email]. If you wish to remove your email address from our mailing list, click here.