IHG Rewards Club has a new “Free Night Dilemma” promotion for stays at Holiday Inn Resort locations in the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean.
There are actually two promotions. One is for a rate discount of 20% for a booking a fifth night free rate (expiry date unclear) and the other one is for a free night award for staying two nights at any of the resorts mentioned below between March 1-20, 2014.
You can access this offer on IHG’s website here.
There is nothing on the terms and conditions that would make these offers mutually exclusive. If your fifth nigh free 5-nights stay is consumed between March 1-20, 2014, you should earn an award night for later use as well.
The “Fifth Night Free” rate promotion is open to all IHG Rewards Club members. The “Free Nights Later” is open for IHG Rewards Club members in the United States, Canada (excludes Quebec), and Mexico.
The “Free Night Later” awards are valid at the participating Holiday Inn Resort properties for a year after their issuance.
You can combine this offer with all the other IHG Rewards Club promotions that you can access here.
Here’s the list of participating Holiday Inn Resort properties:
Here’s rate display for Holiday Inn Resort Galveston:
Note that you need to use another browser to check all the other rates that the property has. The fifth night free was the lowest rate, but the discount was not a lot compared to the advance purchase rate.
This is not a bad offer at all, if you happen to be near participating Holiday Inn Resort location between March 1-20, 2014, and combine it with all the other current promotions.
Here are the terms and conditions of these two offers:
Free Night Now
1. At participating Holiday Inn Resort® hotels in the United States or Mexico only.
2. Discounts at most participating hotels are between 10-15%. Some restrictions apply. 30% discounts are limited.
3. Must book the qualifying rate of ID5NF.
4. Rate is not available with room rates negotiated for groups of 10 or more, travel industry rates or employee rates. Program terms and participating hotels subject to change without notice. All reservations are final and require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Payment is non-refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed. Once a reservation is confirmed, your credit card will be charged between time of booking and day of arrival for the total amount shown, regardless of whether or not the reservation is used.
5. You will be required to acknowledge that you have read the above prepayment and cancellation policy when making your reservation.
6. Program terms and participating hotels are subject to change without notice.
Free Night Later
1. Offer is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., including DC, Canada (excluding Quebec), and Mexico.
2. Stay must be used at another Holiday Inn Resort property located in the United States, Mexico, or Caribbean.
3. You must register your IHG® Rewards Club Number in advance of your stay at www.holidayinnresorts.com/freenight and your stay must be completed between March 1, 2014 and March 20, 2014 to be eligible for Award. Booking can begin on March 1, 2014. If you are not already an IHG® Rewards Club member you may join for free at www.ihgrewardsclub.com. A stay is one or more consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Qualifying Room Rates do not include the following reduced room rates: net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate. Also excluded are opaque rates and “name your own price” rates (where hotel name, location and/or rate not visible until after booking are submitted).
4. Award night will only be valid for one year after stay.
5. Program terms and participating properties are subject to change without notice.