Marriott Rewards has updated the countries and brands that accept Instant Redemption Awards.
Instant redemption awards allow you to use your Marriott Rewards points to folio expenses at very bad value per the conversion schedule below.
You can access Marriott Rewards Instant Redemption web page here.
You can no longer use these at Gaylord hotels, but Ritz-Carlton hotels have been added to the list. Also, these are now valid at all Marriott hotels worldwide. There are no longer any country restrictions.
You absolutely shouldn’t use this award type at all, but if you decide to do so against my advise, they are now valid worldwide at all other brands beside Gaylords.
Here are the terms and conditions of this award type:
1. A request for an Instant Redemption Award may only be made by an individual customer who is a Member in good standing of the Marriott Rewards Program. As proof of eligibility, a membership number is required when redeeming an Instant Redemption Award.
2. Instant Redemption Awards must be ordered at the hotel during the hotel stay to which they will be applied; they cannot be booked in advance of the stay. Instant Redemption Awards must be applied to the Member’s folio upon check-out. Any portion of the Instant Redemption Award not applied to the folio will be forfeited; if the amount requested for the Instant Redemption Award is more than the folio balance, cash will not be returned to the member.
3. Instant Redemption Awards are valid only when used toward the expenses charged to the Member’s guest room, including but not limited to room charges, food and beverage, golf, spa services and incidental expenses. Awards cannot be redeemed for cash or gift cards. Awards are valid only for individual travel, and are not applicable to group travel, package tours, or conventions that have been charged to and/or paid by a third party. Award credits may be used by the Member only and may not be gifted, although if requested at the time of redemption, Awards may be credited against a third party’s room folio if the room was booked under the Member’s Marriott Rewards number.
4. The Member requesting the Award must have the total point value required to purchase the Award requested available in his or her Account at time of ordering. Once accrued points in the Member’s Account have been redeemed for an Award, the points cannot be returned to the Member’s Account.
5. Redeemed Awards are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable or transferable for cash or credit.
6. Instant Redemption Awards are offered at participating hotels for the following Marriott brands: JW Marriott, EDITION, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites by Marriott and The Ritz-Carlton. Instant Redemption Awards are not available at Marriott Vacation Club.