United Airlines is starting a new route to Chengdu (CTU) and is offering up to 15,000 bonus miles for flights taken between June 9 and August 31, 2014, that are ticketed after March 12.
You earn 15,000 bonus miles for business and first class, 10,000 bonus miles for high economy and 5,000 bonus miles for discount economy.
You must register for this offer and you can do it here.
Here are the eligible fare classes:
15,000 bonus award miles for travel on paid qualifying published fares in United BusinessFirst (J, C, D, Z, P fare classes)
10,000 bonus award miles in United Economy (Y, B, M fare classes)
5,000 bonus award miles in discounted United Economy (E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G, N fare classes)
Chengdu is a nice city and often used as a base to enter Lhasa. I visited the city briefly two years ago, when my flight from Beijing to Chengdu was delayed and I missed my connection to Lhasa.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- To qualify for this offer, members must register on united.com prior to travel, then purchase and complete paid qualifying roundtrip travel between San Francisco, U.S., and Chengdu, China, on flights operated by United.
- Registration is required before travel and must be completed by August 31, 2014.
- Ticketing dates: March 12 – August 31, 2014.
- Travel dates: June 9, 2014 – August 31, 2014.
- Bonus is awarded based on fare class purchased. Members can earn 15,000 bonus award miles for travel on paid qualifying published fares in United BusinessFirst (J, C, D, Z, P fare classes); 10,000 bonus award miles in United Economy (Y, B, M fare classes) and 5,000 bonus award miles in discounted United Economy (E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G, N fare classes).
- Only roundtrips between San Francisco and Chengdu flown during qualifying period are eligible for the bonus.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel from the destination city back to the origin city, with all flight segments operated by United or United Express®. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way trips, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
- Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- The offer is not valid on government fares.
- Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Bonus miles will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased onunited.com. Service charges are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus.