A LoyaltyLobby reader forwarded me an email (remember to forward me promo emails that you receive from programs) he had just received from Club Carlson offering to buy back the Gold status for 25,000 Gold Points.
The email states that this offer is only for targeted recipient, but I am not sure about this. You can only buy up one status level. I am not sure if you can buy back all the way to Concierge status as well.
Note that there is no web page on ClubCarlson.com for this offer (at least I couldn’t find one). You should be able to take advantage of it by calling one of the phone numbers listed on the text above.
Edit: There are three versions of this offer:
– Silver for 10,000 points
– Gold for 25,000 points
– Concierge for 60,000 points
Note that this offer expires on April 15, 2014.
If you have elite status with any of the hotel chains, Club Carlson offers very easy status matches that you can read more here. No need to use points to upgrade your status.
Seems that Club Carlson is using same tactic as Marriott and has started to offer elite members the ability to purchase status upgrade using points.
If you have stays coming up at Club Carlson affiliated properties, you really should do the status match rather this “Status Take Back” using points.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- ‘Elite Take Back’ Promotion is valid from March 24 – April 15, 2014
- You must have an adequate point balance at time of upgrade request to participate
- New elite status will be valid until February 28, 2015
- Offer is non-transferrable and only valid to member receiving the offer
- Member may upgrade elite status one level only
- Member must call member services in order to redeem points for upgrade
- The Promotion is subject to all Club Carlson Terms and Conditions. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Club Carlson reserves the right to add, modify, or discontinue Promotion without notice. Club Carlson is not responsible for any technical failures/interruptions, internet accessibility problems, incomplete or inaccurate registration information, or other errors of any kind that may affect your registration for this Promotion. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions and Club Carlson Terms and Conditions.