Unlike with TAM’s frequent fliers that have coordinated status match program through Star Alliance (read more here), seems that the alliance doesn’t have similar program for US Airways elites.
Air Canada has now started to offer matches for those US Airways Silver, Gold, Platinum and Chairman’s members that would like to get a status with Altitude program.
You can access Air Canada’s web page for this offer here.
US Airways Silver gets you Air Canada Altitude Prestige 25K (what a name!) status that is Star Alliance Silver. US Gold, Platinum and Chairman’s members are matched to Altitude Elite 50K that maps to Star Alliance Gold status.
You need to have a scan of your US Airways Dividend Miles elite card and upload it to the application that you do AC’s website. Then you must take and credit at least one flight operated by Air Canada before your status will be upgraded.
The matched elite status is only valid until February 28, 2015.
It is interesting to see if United Airlines is going to offer straight status matches to US Airways elites, as it would be the most obvious choice for US fliers that would prefer staying with the Star Alliance.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This offer is open to current US Airways Dividend Miles Preferred members only.
- The online request must be received between March 15 and April 30, 2014. Applications and/or copies of membership cards received after April 30, 2014, 23:59 UTC will not be eligible for this promotion.
- You must submit your status match request along with a legible copy of your current US Airways Dividend Miles Preferred card by email.
- Eligible flight segments are defined as any flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge which earns an Altitude Qualifying Mile / Altitude Qualifying Segment, taken between April 1 and May 31, 2014.
- Your Aeroplan number must be entered as the frequent flyer number on this flight in order for the submission to be considered eligible.
- US Airways Preferred Silver status will be matched to 2014 Altitude Prestige 25K status, and US Airways Preferred Gold, Platinum and Chairman’s statuses will be matched to 2014 Altitude Elite 50K status.
- Any Miles accrued with your US Airways Dividend Miles membership will not be transferred into your Aeroplan account.
- The 2014 Air Canada Altitude status is valid until February 28, 2015. You will be required to meet the published qualifying criteria in order to reach Altitude status going forward. Learn more about how to reach Air Canada Altitude status in 2015.
- Air Canada Altitude Terms and conditions will apply.
- Upon verification of the request, Air Canada reserves the sole right to deny the status match.
- Air Canada reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion without notice.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery of your Air Canada Altitude package upon submission of your application and approval of your request.
- By participating in this promotion, you agree that Air Canada can share your personal data in order to fulfill this offer. Personal data will not be used for any other purposes.