United Airlines has a new offer for award trips to Mexico City this coming May at 20% discount off of the usual number of award miles required.
This offer is valid from United States (excluding Hawaii & Guam) or Canada and Mexico City and needs to be ticketed between April 15-29, 2014.
You can access United’s web site for this offer here.
Note that this discount is only valid for round trip travel, but you can combine it with non-discount eligible segments.
Mexico City is a fantastic destination within short flight(s) from Canada or the United States. I am planning to go back for couple of weeks later in the 2014.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Saver Award discount is valid for air travel only. Promotion period ends 11:59 p.m. (CT) on April 29, 2014.
- Offer is valid for travel between May 1, 2014, and May 31, 2014. Travel must be completed by May 31, 2014.
- Discount is only valid for travel on United- and United Express®-operated flights and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Saver Award discount is valid only for travel between the U.S.(excluding Hawaii and Guam) or Canada and Mexico City, Mexico (MEX).
- Discount is valid only for roundtrip travel in United Economy.
- Roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin region to a destination region with return travel beginning in the destination region back to the origin region with all segments on flights operated by United or United Express. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
- A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- Open jaw itineraries within the same region qualify for the discount (e.g., fly into Chicago O’Hare and out of New York/Newark).
- This offer cannot be applied to previously issued tickets.
- During the promotion period, United Economy roundtrip Saver Awards are redeemable at 28,000 miles for travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii and Guam) or Canada and Mexico City, Mexico (MEX). These Saver Awards are regularly redeemable at 35,000 miles. Award pricing is subject to change without notice. Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage service charges and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government-imposed taxes and fees, passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 per roundtrip; September 11 Security Fee of up to $10.00 per roundtrip (one-way travel may incur fees in excess of $5.00); U.S. segment tax of $4.00 for each domestic segment (takeoff and landing); U.S. excise tax of $17.20 for each international arrival and departure in the U.S.; U.S. inspection fees of up to $17.20 for each arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $265 per ticket as of January 1, 2014. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel, visit united.com/awards. Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- This offer can be combined with other award types (e.g., member can redeem Standard Awards one way and Saver Awards one way) but only the flight segment purchased with a Saver Award in United Economy will be eligible for the discount.
- Only MileagePlus Global ServicesSM members and primary cardholders of select MileagePlus credit cards issued by Chase are eligible for upgrades on award tickets.
- Changes to travel dates are permitted in advance by calling the United Customer Contact Center. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $200 per ticket (based on account status at time that miles were redeemed):
- After an award ticket is issued, service charges may be imposed for each requested change that necessitates the re-issuance of the ticket.
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage-redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
- Learn more about change fees on the Award Ticketing Options/Service Fees page.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, a new one-way ticket must be purchased or a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate must be redeemed. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period