Cathay Pacific & Dragonair have select cities in China on sale for 30% fewer Asia Miles than usually.
The travel dates are from May 1 to June 30 and November 1 to December 30, 2014. You must issue the awards by April 30, 2014.
You can access this offer on Cathay Pacific’s website here.
Most of the eligible routes are available only in Economy and Shanghai is the only city where Business awards are offered at a discount.
The award discount is only available for online bookings and applies for one-way awards as well.
Note that Cathay Pacific does charge modest fuel surcharge on its awards as well.
If you are planning to fly between any of the cities above and Hong Kong, redeeming Asia Miles could be an option.
The other week, I flew from Shanghai to Hong Kong and just bought an economy ticket on Hong Kong Express day before for $85.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This offer is applicable to members worldwide.
- Redemption seats are subject to availability.
- This offer is applicable to flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific or Dragonair.
- This offer is applicable to mixed-carrier itineraries on Cathay Pacific and Dragonair.
- This offer must be booked online.
- No promotional discount will be offered for bookings made through the Asia Miles service hotline, Marco Polo Club and Asia Miles Service Desk in Hong Kong International Airport.
- This offer is only applicable on flights between Hong Kong and China.
- Open-jaw itinerary is not allowed.
- Wait-listing is not allowed.
- Eligible award types:
- One-way and round-trip Standard Awards in First / Business / Premium Economy / Economy Class
- Award tickets must be redeemed and issued between 22 and 30 April 2014, inclusive.
- Travel mustcommence and be completed within either one of the following travel periods:
- 1 May – 30 June 2014 or
- 1 November – 31 December 2014
- For this promotional discount to apply to any subsequent booking changes (ticket re-booking, and ticket refund permitted for wholly unused ticket), changes must be made within the booking period (22 to 30 April 2014). Changes can be arranged by calling the Asia Miles service hotline. Please note that a service fee applies.
- Ticket re-issuance is not permitted.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. and Hong Kong Dragon Airlines Ltd. reserve the right to suspend, amend or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time at their sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
- Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.