Air France-KLM Flying Blue has just released the list of their promotional awards for July 1 to August 31, 2014, period that are bookable between May 1-31. The discount is from 25% to 50% from the usual number of miles required.
You can access Flying Blue’s web page for this award type here.
The number of destinations on sale is better than on April and business class awards are back again.
You can also book these as one-way. These are not only for originating from Europe as all the destinations are valid for both directions. Flying Blue used to divide Europe to zones 1, 2 and 3, but seems to just use the designation EUROPE for all these from now on.
Note that Europe should include all the following countries:
Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg
Austria, Balearic Islands ,Finland, Denmark, Italy, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Spain , Sweden
Albania, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Canary Islands, Croatia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Libya, Lithuania, Latvia, Macedonia, Moldova, Morocco, Poland, Romania, West Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Tunisia, Ukraine.
Flying Blue has changed the taxes and mainly fuel surcharges that its collect for award tickets making economy awards better deal than they used to be. The fuel surcharge that Air France-KLM now calls “carrier imposed international surcharge” is capped for premium economy, business, and first class flights as well.
I am glad that the business awards are back, but 100K miles for a business RT to Asia that is already discounted by 50%. Makes hardly any sense.
Here are the terms and conditions of this award type:
- Reservations must be made exclusively on www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website).
- In the event that a technical problem occurs when reserving the promotional fare or if the reservation cannot be finalised, the Flying Blue member must log on to the site and repeat the procedure.
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights and vice-versa.
- These promotional Promo Award@ may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Award@ are available for one-way tickets and round trips.
- Flex Award are not included in the Promo Award@ offer.