United Airlines just sent out an email about their latest MileagePlus promotion for buying or gifting miles at up to 35% (last month the discount was capped at 30%) off that is valid until May 19, 2014.
This offer that allows you to buy up to 150,000 miles and the price of a mile purchased under this offer is 2.45 cents each.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
United recently devalued their award chart, so you should check the number of miles required for your usual award redemption before going forward with this offer.
United reduced the number of miles required for handful of awards, but greatly devalued most partner awards in business and first class. There can still be instances, where buying miles could make sense.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- To take advantage of this offer, you must use the order links on this page.
- Minimum purchase of 5,000 miles required for this promotional pricing.
- Buy 5,000 to 24,000 miles and receive a 20% discount, or buy 25,000 miles or more for a 35% discount.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Displayed price includes all discounts and taxes.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on May 19, 2014.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.