IHG Rewards Club has launched Minute Millionaire competition for members in the UK, Germany & Austria.
You have to spend 1,000,000 IHG Rewards Club points by adding enough items to your basket from six categories and IHG will choose five winners over five week period hat will each receive million points.
You can access IHG’s website for this offer here.
How would you spend?
Ready, jet set, go!
Get the drinks in
Give something back
A bed for the night
Once in a lifetime
Let me repeat that the best that you can do with IHG Rewards Club points is to use them for free nights at IHG affiliated hotels. If you have more points that you have no idea what to do with, you can certainly redeem for some gift cards and/or merchandise.
Few years ago, IHG run a Any Hotel Anywhere promotion that allowed you to purchase Amex lodging cards at a discount. I spent more than a million point for more than $8,000 worth of these cards that I used to pay for stays. I have not seen anything even remotely as good way to use IHG points for non-hotel stays ever since.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
No purchase necessary. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
- 1. Eligibility:
- 1.1. The Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK, Germany and Austria aged 18 years and over. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions and Promoter’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Prize Draw. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and is subject to availability.
- 1.2. Entrants must register as IHG Rewards Club (“IHGRC”) members in order to receive a Prize.
- 2. Prize Draw: There will be a total of five (5) Prize Draws across the duration of the Promotion Period. There will be one (1) Prize Draw per Week of the Promotional Period. Each Week’s Prize Draw will take place at 09:15 on the following Monday (for example the Prize Draw for the Week of 2 June 2014 to 8 June 2014 will take place at 09:15 on Monday 9 June 2014).
- 3. Promotional Period: Entrants must enter the Prize Draw as directed in paragraph 4, between 00:01 BST on 2 June 2014 and 23:59 BST on 6 July 2014 (“Promotional Period”). The Promotional Period is broken down into the following weekly periods (“Week(s)”):
- 3.1. 00:01 BST 2 June 2014 to 23:59 8 June 2014;
- 3.2. 00:01 BST 9 June 2014 to 23:59 15 June 2014;
- 3.3. 00:01 BST 16 June 2014 to 23:59 BST 22 June 2014;
- 3.4. 00:01 BST 23 June 2014 to 23:59 BST 29 June 2014; and
- 3.5. 00:01 BST 30 June 2014 to 23:59 BST 6 July 2014.
- 4. How to enter: To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
- 4.1. Follow the microsite link provided either via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or received by email.
- 4.2. When on the microsite, in one (1) minute answer how they would hypothetically spend 1 million IHGRC points.
- 4.3. In their answer, reach a minimum of 990,000 IHGRC points within the one (1) minute timeframe.
- 4.4. Entrants can make two attempts in one Week to enter into the Prize Draw for that Week.
- 4.5. Entrants may “invite” a friend on Facebook to gain an additional entry into that Week’s Prize Draw.
- 5. Winners: One (1) Winner per Week will be selected independently at random by DigitalVisitor from those eligible entrants who successfully enter into the Prize Draw by following the steps outlined in Paragraph 4 (“Winner(s)”). Winners will be notified that they have successfully won a Prize within 30 days of the end of the Week for which they won the Prize.
- 6. Prizes:
- 6.1. There will be a total of five (5) prizes awarded under this Prize Draw. Each of the Winners must have fulfilled all of these Terms and Conditions and will each receive one (1) prize of 1 million points (“Prize(s)”).
- 6.2. The Prize will be loaded into the respective Winner’s IHGRC account within 30 days of their win and the points will expire if they have not been redeemed within six (6) months after receipt.
- 6.3. Prizes can be redeemed against various items subject to availability and region. A list of redemption options can be found here www.ihgrewardsclub.com/minutemillionaire.
- 7. Non-transferable: The Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize. The Promoter reserves the right to amend any of these Terms and Conditions and the right to withdraw the Prize Draw at any time. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Prize Draw, or any part of it, and/or review and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time on prior notice. Winners shall be deemed to have agreed to any such amendments unless they advise otherwise.
- 8. Release: Entrants hold harmless the Promoter and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram advertising/ promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Prize Draw or receipt or use or misuse of a Prize. Nothing in this section shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability whose limitation is prohibited by law.
- 9. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will not be held liable for any claim arising from an entrant’s participation in the Prize Draw or taking up a Prize.
- 10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Prize Draw constitutes a Winner’s consent to the Promoter’s and its agents’ use of the Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice and opinions for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Once Winners have redeemed their points, they will be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments and/or photos in relation to how they redeemed their Prize.
- 11. Entrants agree to allow the Promoter to collect personal details in order to facilitate the Prize Draw and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and Prize suppliers.
- 12. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Prize Draw, or any part of it, and/or review and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time on prior notice. Entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such amendments unless they advise otherwise. Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Prize Draw or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- 13. Each entrant will be required to acknowledge that they have read these Terms and Conditions of the Prize Draw when participating in the Prize Draw. This Prize Draw is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club programme terms and conditions.
- 14. Winner List: For a Winner List, visit: www.facebook.com/IHGRewardsClub The Winner list will be posted after Winner confirmation is complete and will remain available for at least three (3) months after completion of Winner confirmation
- 15. The Prize Draw and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 16. Promoter: The Prize Draw is promoted by InterContinental Hotels Group Services Company, Broadwater Park, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR, England.