British Airways Executive Club has a new promotion for converting points from six hotel programs to Avios between June 13 and July 13, 2014.
For conversions done during this timeframe British Airways will give you an additional 25% bonus in top of what hotel programs might offer.
You can access BA’s website for this offer here.
The participating hotel programs are:
Hilton HHonors access here
Marriott Rewards access here
Club Carlson access here
Hyatt Gold Passport access here
Shangri-La Golden Circle access here
IHG Rewards Club access here.
Note that the email that I received indicates that a registration for this offer is required but the terms and conditions (access here) of this offer don’t.
I don’t think that it makes a lot sense to convert hotel points to airline miles or Avios unless you have some specific usage in mind.
The only think that could make sense is to issue Marriott Travel Package (read more here) and credit the miles part to BA Avios. You can read more about Marriott Travel packages here. The terms and conditions doesn’t exclude travel package conversions.
If you have been planning to convert hotel points to BA Avios, making those conversions during the 25% bonus can make sense. I would, however, use the hotel points for hotel award nights rather than convert them to airline miles. The Marriott Travel Package conversion could make sense.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 or over and is a British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) Member (membership terms and conditions apply) and is enrolled and registered with one of the participating hotel partner loyalty programmes. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Participating hotel partners are Carlson Hotels, Hilton Hotels, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Marriott and Shangri-La.
- Participating hotel loyalty programmes are Club Carlson, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Marriott Rewards and Golden Circle. To become a member of any of the hotel loyalty programmes click here and simply choose the relevant hotel partner, follow the links to enrol via their website.
- Eligible Participants will receive 25% more BAEC Avios (“Bonus Avios”) when they convert Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points into Avios between 13 June to 13 July 2014.
- To participate, Eligible Participants must first enrol if they are not already members via the hotel property link provided above.
- “Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points” means a minimum of 2,000 points earned through Club Carlson; 2,500 points through Golden Circle; 5,000 points through Hyatt Gold Passport; 10,000 points through IHG Rewards; 10,000 points through HHilton and 10,000 points through Marriott Rewards.
- The standard earn rate for loyalty points earned through the hotel loyalty programmes varies according to the hotel partner. For example, the standard earn rate for the Hyatt Gold Passport Programme is 1 of Avios for every 2.5 loyalty points converted. Therefore, an Eligible Participant who converts 5,000 of Hyatt Gold Passport Programme loyalty points during the Promotional Period will earn 2,000 Avios + 25% extra (500 Avios) = 3,125 Avios in total. For full details on the earn rates per hotel partner please click here.
- Bonus Avios can take 4-6 weeks to show on your account from the date of conversion. Once they have been credited, you can start redeeming them for flights, hotels and Avis car hire. Taxes, fees and charges remain payable by the BAEC Member. Reward flights are subject to availability and capacity control and availability may be limited at peak times.
- Loyalty points from the different participating hotel loyalty programmes cannot be redeemed together and must be redeemed separately.
- Loyalty points earned with the participating hotel loyalty programmes during the Qualifying Period are valid for this promotion, provided that they are redeemed within the Qualifying Period.
- Bonus Avios is non-redeemable for cash.
- Bonus Avios is issued subject to the BAEC Terms and Conditions and all passengers and baggage are subject to the general terms and conditions of carriage.
- Hotel loyalty scheme membership, and earning and redemption of Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of each specific hotel’s loyalty scheme in addition to British Airways Terms and Conditions, as applicable.
- Standard Avios are issued in addition to Bonus Avios.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways or participating hotel partner offer or promotion.
- The Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the promotion or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without any liability to customers for doing so.
- By taking part in this promotion, participants agree to the personal data they supply being used by the Promoters or their agents or subcontractors to administer this promotion, who will only use the information provided for the purpose of administering the promotion.
- This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- This promotion is provided by: Club Carlson – Carlson Hotels Inc. having its registered office 701 Carlson Parkway, MS 8203, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA, Hilton HHonors Worldwide, having its registered office at L.L.C. 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, Virginia 22102, USA , Hyatt Corporation having its registered office at 71 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60606, USA, InterContinental Hotels Group PLC having its registered office at Broadwater Partk, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR, UK, Marriott® having its registered office at Albemarle Street, London W1S 4HQ, UK, Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd having its registered office 28/F Kerry Centre, 683 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong and British Airways Plc Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.