Avianca has extended the latest LifeMiles offer that was about to expire tomorrow by 4 days. You can get 100% transfer bonus that s is valid for transactions done between July 3-21, 2014 (originally until 17th).
When you transfer miles, LifeMiles is charging $15 per 1,000 miles transferred and will double the amount to the recipient. You are essentially paying for 1.5 cents for each new LifeMiles minted.
You can access this offer on LifeMiles website here.
Note that the maximum number of miles that each member can receive via transfers is capped at 150,000 that includes any possible bonus miles.
The price of the 1,000 transfer block on the terms and conditions is listed as $17,70, but when I tried to do this between two US accounts the fee was $15 per 1,000.
The price of Avianca LifeMiles is supposed to go up in couple of months time. This could be good time to stock up at 1.5 cents per mile.
There have been reports that availability of some Star Alliance partner airlines has dried up using LifeMiles. I would only buy if you are planning to use them rather sooner than later and you are certain that the award availability is there. I might buy some LifeMiles as I will be in South America next week and might have some use for them.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is available at LifeMiles.com, Avianca’s Information Centers and Call Center except for Venezuela where is only available through LifeMiles.com
- This promotion applies between July 3rd and July 21th, 2014, as the last date of transfer
- Minimum transfer miles: 1,000
- Maximum transfer miles: 75,000
- The miles must be transferred in multiples of 1,000
- Maximum transfer miles per member per year: LM 150.000. (Includes promotional transfer miles bonuses).
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $17.70 including local taxes*
- For residents in Colombia: The values must be calculated at the TRM rate of the date of transaction
- For residents in Peru: the transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $17.7, S. / 49.4 including taxes. Rate change to June 1st, 2014: S /. 2.80
- For residents from other countries, values must be calculated at the rate of the date of transaction.
- The amount paid for the miles’ transfer is not refundable
- Form of payment through Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through ENJOY/Transfer LifeMiles Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status
- The transaction receipt will reflect the total miles accrued in the member’s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge of the transaction
- The transferred miles, once accrued, can be redeemed according to the conditions specified in the LifeMiles’ Terms and Conditions and portfolio of products and services available for redemption
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp.
- *The price can be less depending on the country of residence that the member has registered in our data base.