Avianca LifeMiles seems to have learned something from their award chart fiasco last year (read more here) when the company was claiming that no award levels had been changed, although new award chart with higher mileage requirements was already in place.
EDIT: A LoyaltyLobby reader forwarded me a screenshot of his table that is for those living in South America. I have now added it to this post.
This time Avianca sent out somewhat confusing email that I received in Spanish but most should have received the English version.
Here’s the change table sent to Avianca LifeMiles members in South America:
Here’s the small print from the email dealing with Europe:
As for changes in air ticket redemption with Star Alliance member airlines, these include reductions up to 15.000 miles and increases up to 11.000 miles in Economy Class; also reductions up to 25.000 miles and increases up to 50.000 miles in Business Class. Both cases apply for roundtrip flights from Europe.
Here’s the small print from the email dealing with South America:
As for changes in air ticket redemption with Star Alliance member airlines, these include reductions up to 10.000 miles and increases up to 5.000 miles in Economy Class; also reductions up to 20.000 miles and increases up to 50.000 miles in Business Class. Both cases apply for roundtrip flights from South America.
The changes to the LifeMiles award chart will be significant. Why wouldn’t they just release the new chart, but rather have these cryptic messages on their web page>
I am glad that Avianca gave some advance notice this time. They could be, however, clearer on the wording used. I really cannot figure out if these changes to LifeMiles award chart applies to flights from Europe to the Americas or to elsewhere as well?
Here are the terms and conditions of this change:
- The table shown above is illustrative only; its intention is to summarize the amount of miles that will be required per region for the X class in economy cabin. The amount of miles required for a ticket redemption is calculated based on a specific origin and destination and could not match with the amount of miles shown on the table above, it could be higher.
- Avianca operates flights from Madrid, Barcelona and London.
- The amount of miles required could vary depending on the date, route and redemption product.
- To know the exact amount of required miles for each origin and destination, it will be necessary to consult the amount through the redemption system athttps://www.lifemiles.com/eng/use/red/dynredpar.aspx after October 15th, 2014.
- The amounts listed by the redemption system shall prevail over those shown on the table above.
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply and can be found at www.lifemiles.com.