Turkish Airlines is celebrating the launch of new routes by offering 25% discount on awards issued using Miles&Smiles miles for ticket issuance and travel between July 15 – December 31, 2014.
The discount is applicable on economy, economy comfort and business class as well as companion and upgrade awards.
You can access this offer on Turkish Airlines website here.
The discount applies to flights to/from Turkey and to/from the new destinations. Supposedly, the award allows returning from different city from/to same region. You can also have one open jaw in addition to a stopover.
Turkish doesn’t list eligible cities for this award discount anywhere.
This offer could work for some had they actually published a list of eligible destinations. The terms and conditions are confusing because they imply that this award would allow open jaw and a stopover but the travel should be to/from the new cities.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Miles&Smiles awaits you on all the newly opened routes with a 25% Miles discount through December.
- Promotion will include the award tickets which are issued as of 15 July 2014
- Promotional award tickets shall be issued for travels between 15 July 2014 – 31 December 2014 and travel must be completed between these dates.
- The validity of the award tickets will be restricted by 31 December 2014.
- This promotion is valid for all miles&smiles award tickets, companion tickets and upgrades
- The promotion is valid for all turkish airlines capacity controlled and seat guaranteed all economy and business reservation classes. furthermore promotion is valid for comfort class on applicable destinations
- The related promotion will be applied only for turkish airlines scheduled flights and anadolujet flights. promotion is not permitted on codeshare flights (tk8000) and for the award tickets issued for the star alliance member airline flights
- Promotion will be applied for all flights from/to turkey and from/to abroad on the routes stated
- The routes within different award regions cannot be combined
- Return flight can be done from different cities in condition within the same award region
- All rebooking and reroutings can be applied within the same route, class and season until 31 december 2014 no changes is permitted for travels after 31 december 2014. mileage refund can be done within 1 year after the ticket issuance date. any mileage refunds, rebookings and re-routings are subject to penalty.
- One open jaw and one stopover is permitted either on the outbound or on the return segment.
- Tickets can not be issued open.
- The general conditions applied in miles&smiles award tickets are also applicable for award tickets issued in this campaign.
- Taxes must be paid while ticketing