Marriott Rewards has launched a double airlines miles offer (select airlines) for new members that sign up and stay between August 8 and November 30, 2014.
Note that this offer is valid only for members that have joined on or after July 1, 2014, and the promotion is valid for 90 days after enrollment.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
Here are the participating airlines for this promotion:
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Air China
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- Gol/Varig Smiles
- Jet Airways JetPrivilege
- Qatar Privilege Club
The number of airlines that participate to this double airline miles offer for new members is rather limited. If you are planning to join, I would probably rather take a free night certificate (read more here) and 2,000 bonus points for the first few stays (read more here).
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is for new members to the Marriott Rewards program on or after July 1, 2014.
- Existing Marriott Rewards members are not eligible. To see your Marriott Rewards promotions, sign into your online account.
- Enrollment with Marriott Rewards is required to be eligible for this promotion.
- When enrolling, you must select an airline participating in this promotion.
- Upon enrollment, registration for the promotion is automatic with miles earning preference.
- Promotion earning period is 90 days from enrollment.
- This offer is valid only for qualifying stays you personally make at participating Marriott® brand hotels within 90 days from enrollment.
- A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Stays made during the promotion period prior to enrollment are not eligible for double bonus miles.
- Earn double bonus miles, up to a total of 35,000 bonus miles, in addition to base miles, beginning with the first stay and all subsequent stays during the promotion timeframe.
- As used in these terms and conditions, “miles” means the earning currency (miles, points or other earning currency) of the airline partners participating in this promotion.
- For participating airline partners whose earning currency is in kilometers, double bonus miles earned will be converted into kilometers at a conversion rate of 1.6 prior to posting to member’s preferred airline account.
- Marriott Rewards base mileage earned for qualifying charges is calculated based on the airline loyalty program’s earning currency.
- To review base mileage calculations, click here.
- Miles are earned on all qualifying charges at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels® and Marriott Vacation Club® brands, and on room rate only at EDITION®, Gaylord Hotels®, Courtyard by Marriott®, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Residence Inn by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Moxy HotelsSM brands.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement, and miles are earned on room rate only.
- Miles earned based on qualifying charges that are charged to the hotel room include: room rate, meals, beverages, phone calls, movies and purchases at a Marriott-operated Gift Shop.
- Non-qualifying charges are: taxes, paid outs, gift certificate redemption/gift card purchases, banquet, catering and group charges.
- Members electing to earn Marriott Rewards points (“points”) are not eligible for this promotion.
- Members may not earn both points and miles for the same stay.
- A member may switch from earning miles to points, and vice versa, before a given stay by updating his or her membership profile.
- The member will begin earning the new currency (points or miles) with the next stay after the change is made.
- Previous earnings will not be converted to the new currency.
- If the member wishes to “convert” points into miles, the member may redeem points for a mileage reward.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for Elite credit.
- Allow 4 to 6 weeks after your stay is complete for double bonus miles to be posted to your airline/miles program account.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- Visit the Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions for complete details.
- All program terms and conditions of participating airlines apply.
- Your preferred airline/miles program reserves the right to change program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice.
- Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated.
- Your preferred airline/miles program is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies.