Marriott Rewards has now launched their fall 2014 MegaBonus promotion that is valid for stays between September 15 and January 15, 2015. The registration for this offer closes on November 15.
Marriott Rewards have six different versions of this promotion and the free night certificate option seems to be gone for now.
You can access and register for the base level promotion on Marriott’s website here.
Note that Marriott has traditionally allowed you to switch your targeted promotion to any of the versions available. You can read more about switching your targeted offer here.
These offers are only available to those members that have chosen to earn points for their stays (not miles)
Here are the six different versions:
1. Double points starting with your second stay for up to 25,000 bonus points.
(This is the base level of the promo and open for all members that have not been targeted with any of the other five below)
2. 2,500 bonus points per stay starting with your second stay for up to 25,000 bonus points.
3. 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights + additional 5,000 bonus points after 18 paid nights for total maximum bonus of 30,000 points.
4. 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights for maximum bonus of 40,000 points.
5. 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights for a maximum of 50,000 points.
6. 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + additional 2,000 bonus points for every additional paid night (max 10 nights) for total maximum bonus of 55,000 points.
It depends entirely of your Marriott stay patterns which of these offers are the best fit. I had hoped that the free night certificate version of the MegaBonus had returned but that didn’t happen. I’ll probably choose either option 2 or 3.
Please drop me an email or leave a comment below if your targeted version is something different than any of the six versions listed above.
Here are the terms and conditions of the base version of this promo:
Congratulations! You are now enrolled in the MegaBonus Promotion. Stay at any of more than 3,800 Marriott hotels worldwide between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015 and earn double bonus points up to 25,000 bonus points toward a future stay, starting with your second paid stay. That’s in addition to the base points you’ll earn on those stays.
- *A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Registration is required.
- Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 15, 2014 will earn double points starting with their second paid stay – up to 25,000 bonus points for stays made between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015, at participating Marriott properties.
- The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stay.
- Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club and Moxy Hotels.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.