Avianca’s LifeMiles has a new promotion for buying miles and getting 100% bonus for purchases made between September 2 – 30, 2014.
The maximum number of LifeMiles that you can buy during the calendar year is 150,000 miles. The bonus miles do count towards this annual limit.
You can access this offer on Avianca’s website here.
The regular price of a mile is 3 cents (in most countries) and during this promo it is lowered to 1.5 cents each taking into account the 100% bonus.
You can later purchase more miles during the award ticket issuance process using LifeMiles Cash + Miles option.
Does it make sense to purchase LifeMiles?
Avianca changed the LifeMiles award chart without any notice few days after similar sale last year and again changed the price of the Cash + Miles option the following week. First, LifeMiles claimed that there hadn’t been any changes, but later admitted that there had. This year,however, LifeMiles did give plenty of advance notice about the change that is taking place next month.
You can, however, get quite nice award itineraries ticketed using LifeMiles that wouldn’t be possible with other frequent flier plans. I recently wrote about my LifeMiles award ticket success: Avianca LifeMiles Last Minute Award Ticket Success & Booking Woes BKK-JNB-GRU-EZE.
It is worthwhile to have some Avianca LifeMiles for those award ticket itineraries that are impossible to ticket from other program. LifeMiles doesn’t (currently) charge any fuel surcharges on award tickets. The online tool that you must use to get award tickets together is sometimes rather buggy and you are not allowed mixed class redemptions such as economy feeder for a long-haul business class. I have 80,000 LifeMiles sitting on my account right now and not sure if I really need more or not.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers, except Colombia where is available only through the Call Center and LifeMiles.com. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com
- This promotion applies for mile purchases made between September 2nd and September 30th , 2014 as the last date of purchase
- Minimum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 1,000
- Maximum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 75,000
- Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses purchase of promotional miles)
- Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000
- Maximum number of transactions per member during the term of the promotion: 1 transaction
- At LifeMiles.com purchases can only be made through the EARN / Buy LifeMiles option. Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption
- Each package of 1,000 miles costs USD 35,40 , including all taxes applicable to each country*
* For residents in Colombia, each package of 1,000 miles, has a cost of USD 30, the values are settled based on Colombia´s exchange rate on the date of the transaction.
* For residents in Peru each package of 1,000 miles has a cost of USD 35,4 or S / .99.1, including taxes. Reference exchange rate to July 1st 2014: S /. 2.80 Per 1 USD dollar
* For residents in Costa Rica, each package of 1,000 miles has a cost of USD 30. The values are settled based on the exchange rate prevailing on the date of the transaction.
- Form of payment through LifeMiles.com and Avianca Call Center: International credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca Information Centers
- Applies only to members enrolled in the program prior to September 2nd of 2014
- The receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles credited to the member’s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction
- The miles bought and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status
- The amount paid for the mile purchase is not refundable
- Miles are not endorsable
- Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp.