IHG Rewards Club has launched a competition for 1,000 free nights for residents of most European countries that just need to pin a place on a map and leave their contact details.
IHG will then decide by using draw 1,000 lucky winners that will get a free night award usable at any InterContinental Hotels Group hotel with an expiry date of March 31, 2015.
Here’s the list of eligible countries for this offer:
Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and United Kingdom.
There is nothing to lose by entering this draw and it takes roughly 10 seconds of your time. I don’t normally write about prizes, but the number of nights awarded here is very high (you might actually win something!).
Here are the terms and conditions of this prize draw:
These terms and conditions (the “Ts&Cs”) set out the rules for the IHG® Rewards Club ‘Where Would You Go?’ prize draw (“Prize Draw”). Please read these Ts&Cs carefully, as entry into the Prize Draw means that entrants agree to be legally bound by them.
The Prize Draw is promoted by InterContinental Hotels Group Services Company, Broadwater Park, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR, England (the “Promoter” or “IHG®”). Rackspace Hosting, Inc and Amazon Web Services, Inc are hosting the Prize Draw (“Promoter Parties”).
No purchase necessary. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning
- The Prize Draw is open to entrants over the age of 18 residing in the EU (excluding Belgium, Norway, Italy, Sweden, Spain and Portugal) who comply with the requirements of paragraph 2 below. The Promoter’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Prize Draw. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements of these Ts&Cs.
- Only one entry is permitted per person. Employees of the Promoter or any company connected with this Prize Draw, such as its advertising and media agencies and those closely connected with this promotion (in each case including any member of their households) are not permitted to enter the Prize Draw.
- Entrants attempting to use methods or techniques to gain an unfair advantage in the Prize Draw will be excluded from entry.
- Existing IHG Rewards Club members are permitted to enter the Prize Draw along with non-members.
- It should be noted that whilst it is not a condition of entry, it is a condition of receiving a Prize that Winners sign up to IHG® Rewards Club as set down in more detail in 4.1 below.
- How to Enter
- During the period 00:01 BST (01:01 CEST) on 1 October 2014 to 23:59 GMT (00:59 CET) on 31 October 2014 (“Promotional Period”) entrants must correctlysubmit a valid email addressto be entered into the Prize Draw and,in addition, choosewhether or not to ‘opt-in’ to being contacted by IHG® for the purposes of receiving marketing communications from IHG Rewards Club. Entrants cansubmit their email address using one of the following methods:
- visit the website at https://freenights.ihg.com and follow the instructions to enter the Prize Draw; or
- to an IHG® brand ambassador at a stand at one of the three events outlined below:
- the ‘Where would you go’ event to be run at London St Pancras International from 06:00 to 20:00 (BST) between 9th and 11th October 2014;
- the ‘Jusqu’où iriez-vous ?’ event to be run at Paris-Gare de Lyon from 08:00 to 20:00 (CEST) between 16th and 18th October 2014; or
- the ‘Wohin würden Sie verreisen?’ event to be run at Berlin Hauptbahnhof from 06:00 to 20:00 (CEST) between 22nd and 24th October 2014.
- If any person’s email address is received by the Promoter outside of the Promotional Period or by any method not specified above then the Promoter may exclude it from the Prize Draw.
- Prize Draw
- The Prize Draw will take place on or around 31st October and in any case, within 30 days of the end of the Promotional Period where 1000 (one thousand) entrants will be selected at random by way of electronic raffle from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Ts&Cs (“Winners” separately each a “Winner”).
- Winners must accept their Prize within 7 days of receipt of the email notifying them of their win. If the Winner does not accept their Prize within this time or if a Winner does not comply with all the provisions of these Ts&Cs (including those set out in paragraph 4 below), IHG® may randomly select an alternative Winner from the remaining pool of all eligible entrants in place of the Winner that cannot be contacted.
- Each Winner will receive a prize of an IHG® Rewards Club voucher for a free night in any IHG hotel, subject to availability (of an approximate retail value of $150 (approximately 100 EUR) (“Prize”). A list of IHG hotels can be accessed here: http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/hd. The Prize must be used and redeemed prior to 31 March 2015. Each Winner will be notified that they have won the Prize Draw, by way of email, as stipulated in paragraph 3.1. Within 7 days of notification of winning a Prize and in order to receive their Prize, Winners must sign up to IHG® Rewards Club (if not already a member) for free using the following link https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/gb/en/join/register. The Prize will be transferred into each of the Winners’ IHG® Rewards Club accounts within 30 days of the end of the Promotional Period.
- The Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize.
- Winners are responsible for paying any taxes on their Prize. The Prize is for a free night in an IHG hotel room only, and excludes any cost or expense incurred by Winners in redeeming the Prize. Rooms can accommodate up to 2 occupants. The Promoter will not pay for any travel, food and drink or for any facilities, amenities or services enjoyed by Winners at any IHG hotel or otherwise in connection with the Prize. Credit or debit card details must be provided to secure booking of the free night. No payment will be taken from the card at the point of booking.
- Entrants hold harmless the Promoter and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram advertising/ promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Prize Draw or receipt or use or misuse of a Prize. Nothing in this section shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability whose limitation is prohibited by law.
- Publicity and Data Protection
- Subject to their opt-in consent upon entering the Prize Draw, participation in the Prize Draw constitutes a Winner’s consent to the Promoter Parties’ use of the Winner’s name, likeness and photograph, for promotional purposes in relation to the Prize Draw in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- The Promoter may use entrants’ personal data for promotional emails provided that the entrant has given their explicit consent to any such when entering the Prize Draw.
- Aside from the Promoter Parties, the Promoter will not share any entrants’ data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Data will be stored in the United States of America by Rackspace Hosting, Inc and Amazon Web Services, Inc, which adhere to the US/EU Safe Harbor Privacy Principles published by the US Department of Commerce.
- Entrants may be required to acknowledge that they have read these Ts&Cs when participating in the Prize Draw. This Prize Draw is subject to standard IHG® Rewards Club programme terms and conditions, which are available here http://www.ihg.com/content/dam/etc/media_library/branded/6c/en/us/pdf/Updated_Member_Terms_&_Conditions.pdf.
- The Promoter will send a copy of these Ts&Cs and a Winner List (following prior consent of the Winners), without charge, to any person who requests by writing to: “Where Would You Go?” IHG Rewards Club, InterContinental Hotels Group, Broadwater Park, Buckinghamshire UB9 5HR.
- For French entrants only:
- If an entrant participated online and has time-based internet connection and not a flat-fee independent of connection time, theactual internet connection fees for the participationcan be reimbursed upon request by letter sent to “Where Would You Go?” IHG Rewards Club, InterContinental Hotels Group, Broadwater Park, BuckinghamshireUB95HR postmarked at the lateston1st December 2014.The request must specify the complete contact details of the entrant, the date and time of his/her participation to the contest, a copy of his/her invoice from his/her internet access provider showing the connection fees, and his/her bank account details (IBAN). Postage fees of the reimbursement request (La Poste rate for less than 50 grams simple letter) will also be reimbursed upon request to be made together with the participation cost reimbursement request.
Only one reimbursement per person. Any reimbursement request which is incomplete will not be taken into account.
- These Ts&Cs of the Prize Drawhave been deposited with [ ], bailiff. Theycan be sent free of charge to any person who requests a copy by letter postmarked at the lateston1st December 2014 to: “Where Would You Go?” IHG Rewards Club, InterContinental Hotels Group, Broadwater Park, BuckinghamshireUB95HR, and postage fees (LaPoste rate for less than 20 grams simple letter)can be reimbursed uponrequestto be made together with the request for the copy of the Ts&Cs.Only one reimbursement per person. Any reimbursement request which is incomplete will not be taken into account.