On Sunday, I wrote (access here) about changed Book By App-goals for IHG Rewards Club’s Into The Night-promotion.
Back in September, I wrote (access here) about similar issues where number of offers had changed to several readers (they had obviously became more difficult).
I requested clarification from IHG spokesperson about these changes yesterday, but received none. IHG Rewards Club, however, made the following statement on a post on FlyerTalk (access here):
We apologize for the recent issue regarding the Into The Nights Promotion. We have identified the solution and are moving toward quick resolution.
We have been advised of the following:
· All affected IHG Rewards Club members who we know have made progress towards the offer, but then received a revised hurdle offer, will have their offer marked as “completed.”
· IHG Rewards Club will be sending a direct email communication to those members who have made progress toward their offer. We will be letting them know we will be honoring the original offer and marking their progress as complete.
· IHG will be honoring their original offer and IHG Rewards Club Members will see their offer as complete if they made progress toward it. If the members have yet to stay toward their offer, but have already registered, it will transition back to a hurdle of one stay to complete.
· IHG will not be changing any point values, so the members will receive the original amount of points that the offer showcased.
· IHG Rewards Club Members who have yet to register or to see their offers will receive the variable stay amounts. To those who may inquire why they have a variable amount, we are honoring the original offers that members saw when they received their offers. All members who are newly registering are receiving the correct variable amounts.
This statement only deals with the most recent changed offers and not those back in September. So, if your book by app goal was let’s say 5 and it changed to 30 and you had made at least 1 completed app booking, the hurdle should now show as completed (once IHG has dealt with the IT issues).
You would have imagined that IHG Rewards Club would have learned from the previous Big Wins and Crack the Cases and had their IT ready this time, but alas not.
I believe that we should call this promo Into The Chaos considering the issues with ever changing offers and having to deal with the “IHG Care” in the Philippines resolving them.
The lesson learned here is that you should always take screenshot of IHG offers to ensure that they don’t change along the way.