Marriott Rewards and United Airlines MileagePlus teamed up last year by offering RewardsPlus (after SPG and Delta hook up).
Marriott Rewards Platinum members would get Silver status on United and United Golds and highers Gold status on Marriott Rewards. You can read more about this partnership here.
You can access and register for this Marriott/United offer here.
Now, Marriott and United have teamed up by offering double Marriott Rewards points for stays (starting from the 2nd one) and double miles for United Airlines flights (S class or higher) between November 1 and February 5, 2015.
The maximum number of Marriott Rewards points that you can earn under this promo is capped at 30,000 and the United Airlines miles at 50,000.
Note that this offer is targeted, but you can try you luck registering on the Marriott site above.
Based on the email that I received from a LoyaltyLobby reader, it almost appears if United and Marriott are trying to get members activated that haven’t linked their accounts yet for cross benefits. I tried to sign up for this offer and was flatly denied.
Here are the terms and conditions:
Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions:
*A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Registration is required. Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion between October 24 and January 5, 2014 will earn double Marriott Rewards points starting with their second paid stay — up to 30,000 bonus points — for stays made between November 1, 2014 and February 5, 2015, at participating Marriott properties. The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stay. Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift. Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles with Marriott Rewards are not eligible for this promotion. Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club® and Moxy Hotels. Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement. All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply. Visit MarriottRewards.com for complete details. © 2014 Marriott International, Inc.
United MileagePlus Terms and Conditions:
1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete paid, qualifying travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by January 5, 2015.
3. Ticketing dates: October 24, 2014 – February 5, 2015
4. Complete travel between: November 1, 2014 – February 5, 2015.
5. Offer is valid on paid flight segments booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, or S fare classes. The offer is not valid on government fares.
6. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. All qualifying segments must by operated by United or United Express.
7. Double award miles is defined as two award miles for each base award mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. Bonus miles will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
9. Double miles does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.
10. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
11. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
12. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
13. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
14. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
15. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.