beVancouver is run by the Vancouver Hotel Destination Association (VHDA) that consists of 36 hotels in the downtown Vancouver, BC. To trump the business during the slower winter months the association is now offering $75/$100/$125 Amex gift cards per stay.
This offer is valid for stays until February 28, 2015, that are booked by November 16, 2014
You can access this offer on beVancouver’s website here.
Note that unlike in 2013, when these promo rates were not prepaid and were cancellable, this year they are prepaid, nonrefundable and noncancelable.
You will receive the gift card at the time of checking in and you can use it towards the hotel incidentals or anywhere else where Amex gift cards are accepted.
You will only receive one gift card per stay regardless of number of nights. To maximize the number of gift cards that you get you must hotel hop. There is limit of three gift cards that you can earn from this promotion.
beVancouver is also giving every 10th booking free and will inform the lucky ones by email.
Here are the rates offered by 5 start properties on beVancouver’s website for a January weekend night:
Here are the 36 hotels that are pat of the Vancouver Hotel Association:
Best Western Plus Downtown Vancouver
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel
Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Downtown
Days Inn – Vancouver Downtown
Delta Vancouver Suites
Empire Landmark Vancouver Hotel
Executive Hotel LeSoleil
Executive Hotel Vintage Park
Fairmont Pacific Rim
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
The Fairmont Waterfront Hotel
The Four Seasons Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
The Listel Hotel
Opus Hotel Vancouver
Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver
Quality Hotel Downtown
Ramada Limited Downtown Vancouver
Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel
Residence Inn by Marriott – Vancouver
Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre
Sandman Suites on Davie – Vancouver
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel
The Sutton Place Hotel
The Sylvia Hotel
Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Wedgewood Hotel and Spa
The Westin Bayshore Vancouver
The Westin Grand Vancouver
This is a good offer for those cheaper stays and encourages hotel hopping. I am not sure, whether these rates offered are qualifying and points eligible on hotel loyalty programs. As the website is part of Vancouver Hotel Destination Association, you could theoretically argue that they are.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Make a booking at any of our hotels before November 16th 2014
- Check-in must be before or on February 28th 2015
- This Promotional rate is Pre-Paid, Non-Cancellable and Non-Transferable
- The full amount of your booking will be charged by the hotel at the time the booking is made
- If your booking is the 1 of 10 that is free, you will be alerted via email confirmation
- Bookings can be made using VISA, MasterCard, or American Express
- Guests will receive their AMEX Prepaid Gift Card per booking, not per night
- Separate consecutive night bookings at the same hotel will not result in the guest receiving more than one AMEX gift card
- A Maximum of 3 bookings per person is enforced – all subsequent bookings will be converted into normal Best Available Rate bookings (and will apply the corresponding Terms and Conditions) and the guest will not receive an AMEX Prepaid Gift Card
- beVancouver Terms and Conditions Apply