This promotion for SPG Gold status after one paid stay in the Asia Pacific region has been on-going for a while. A LoyaltyLobby reader just forwarded me an email that MasterCard had sent him in Singapore.
This offer is targeted to World or World Elite MasterCard holders and you need to input the first six digits of the card number to enroll for this promotion that is valid until July 13, 2015. You can register for this offer on SPG’s website here.
The terms and conditions state that you would need to use World or World Elite MasterCard to settle the hotel bill, but this hasn’t been enforced in the past. I doubt that the information about payment method used is transferred to Starwood from the Asia Pacific properties.
The terms state that the stay must be at participating property, but ALL SPG properties in the region do, so SPG has not produced a list like last time about the participating properties.
If you do not have eligible MasterCard, you can always probe your friends & family for the first six digits of their card (or use Google or Google Image search).
SPG Gold status that usually requires 10 stays comes with worthwhile benefits such as 4PM check out (non-resort and non-convention properties), welcome gift, some extra Starpoints, and upgrades.
If you have an eligible stay coming up at a SPG property in the Asia Pacific, I would sign up and take advantage of this promotion.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of and agreement with these Terms of Promotion.
- The Promotion is valid only for World and World Elite MasterCard cardholders with residence in Asia Pacific who are enrolled as Starwood Preferred Guest® Program members (“SPG Members”) at the Preferred Guest® Tier, and who have registered for the Promotion, qualified with an eligible stay and made full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World and World Elite MasterCard (Qualified SPG Members”).
- If not already an SPG Member, World and World Elite MasterCard cardholders may enroll online at http://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold.
- Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest® Program is governed by terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest® Program which can be found at http://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold or www.spg.com. The Starwood Preferred Guest® Program Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Promotion are subject to change without notice.
- To register for the Promotion, all existing or new eligible SPG Members can register online at http://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold.
- World MasterCard cardholders who are residents of Japan shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- To enjoy the complimentary upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold Tier membership, eligible SPG Members must first register for the Promotion and then make one eligible stay in any of the hotels or resorts within the Asia Pacific region that are owned, managed or franchised by the Starwood Group before 13 July 2015, and make full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World MasterCard. This upgrade offer is a one-time upgrade per member.
- An eligible stay is defined as one (1) or more consecutive nights stay paying a qualifying rate at any Starwood Participating Property regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs that occur, and posted to the Qualified SPG Member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account. A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints® in the Starwood Preferred Guest® Program. Definition of Eligible Rates can be found at www.spg.com/t&c under section 4B.4.
- Upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold Tier Membership will take place up to 4 weeks after the eligible stay posts to the Qualified SPG Members’ account and the SPG Gold Membership pack will be mailed out in 4 to 6 weeks.
- Full payment for all services, including room rates, food & beverage etc incurred by Qualified SPG Members at Starwood Participating Properties during the eligible stay must be made using a World MasterCard card.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply to the Promotion.
- The Promotion is not applicable to groups.
- The Promotion cannot to be combined with other offers or promotions, with the exception of certain mutually agreed programs between MasterCard and Starwood.
- Subject to applicable laws, Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this Promotion at any time without prior notice due to unusual, unforeseeable events beyond Starwood’s reasonable control including, but not limited to, the cessation of a Starwood Participating Property’s participation in the Promotion and/or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors unless otherwise provided under applicable laws to the contrary.
- The Promotion shall be void where prohibited by law and all conditions, warranties or other terms implied by law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
- Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W Hotels, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.