A LoyaltyLobby reader just messaged me that Avianca LifeMiles is offering an additional 25% bonus in top of the current 100% one for purchases made today December 1, 2014, only for a total of 125% bonus.
The maximum number of LifeMiles that you can buy during the calendar year is 150,000 miles. The bonus miles do count towards this annual limit.
You can access this offer on Avianca’s website here.
The regular price of a mile is 3.3 cents (in most countries), which just went up by 10%, and during this promo it is lowered to 1.47 cents each taking into account the 125% bonus.
Does it make sense to purchase LifeMiles?
Avianca changed the LifeMiles award chart without any notice few days after sale last year and again changed the price of the Cash + Miles option the following week. First, LifeMiles claimed that there hadn’t been any changes, but later admitted that there had. This year, however, LifeMiles did give plenty of advance notice about the change that took place.
You can get nice award itineraries ticketed using LifeMiles that wouldn’t be possible with other frequent flier plans. I recently wrote about my LifeMiles award ticket success: Avianca LifeMiles Last Minute Award Ticket Success & Booking Woes BKK-JNB-GRU-EZE.
Seems that Avianca LifeMiles may not have sold as many miles since their award chart changes and the increase in prices.
It is worthwhile to have some Avianca LifeMiles for those award ticket itineraries that are impossible to ticket from other program. LifeMiles doesn’t (currently) charge any fuel surcharges on award tickets.
The online tool that you must use to get award tickets together is sometimes rather buggy and you are not allowed mixed class redemptions such as economy feeder for a long-haul business class.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers, except Colombia where is available only through the Call Center and LifeMiles.com. For residents of Venezuela and Argentina, it is only available through LifeMiles.com
- This promotion applies for mile purchases made between November 19th and December 19th, 2014 as the last date of purchase
- Minimum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 1,000
- Maximum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 75,000
- Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses for purchase of promotional miles)
- Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000
- Maximum number of transactions per member during the term of the promotion: 1 transaction
- At LifeMiles.com purchases can only be made through the EARN / Buy LifeMiles option. Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption
- Each package of 1,000 miles costs USD 38,94 , including all taxes applicable to each country*
- For residents in Colombia, each package of 1,000 miles, has a cost of USD 33, the values are settled based on Colombia´s exchange rate on the date of the transaction.
- For residents in Peru each package of 1,000 miles has a cost of USD 38,94 or S/.111.8 including taxes. Reference exchange rate to October 1st 2014: S/. 2.87 Per 1 USD dollar
- For residents in Costa Rica, each package of 1,000 miles has a cost of USD 30. The values are settled based on the exchange rate prevailing on the date of the transaction.
- Form of payment through LifeMiles.com and Avianca Call Center: International credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca Information Centers
*The price for each package of 1,000 miles varies by country and shopping channel
- Applies only to members enrolled in the program prior to November 19th, 2014
- The receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles credited to the member’s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction
- The miles bought and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status
- The amount paid for the mile purchase is not refundable
- Miles are not endorsable
- Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp