Delta has started the year-end Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM) sale that is valid until December 31, 2014, and is applied to your 2014 balance to determine 2015 program status.
Remember that having merely MQM’s is not enough. You also need to have the corresponding amount of Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQD’s) required for each status level.
You can access Delta’s offer for buying MQM’s here.
Note that the purchase price will also be added to your MQD total.
The US airlines have started to sell elite qualifying miles for those that are bit short of their current or next status level. Whether buy makes any sense, really depends on your individual situation.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Agreement made between Delta Air Lines, Inc. (“Delta”) and the SkyMiles Member (“Member”) in connection with the Member’s desire to participate in the Delta SkyMiles Buy MQMs/MQDs Program. Delta, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to approve the Member’s participation in the Delta SkyMiles Program.
- Pursuant to this Agreement and the order form for Buy MQMs/MQDs, the Member desires to buy MQMs for posting to the Member’s account, and the purchasing Member acknowledges that they will be charged certain fees for such a transaction, as set forth herein on this website. Fees assessed for the MQMs purchased under the Buy MQMs/MQDs Program are non-refundable and will count toward MQD balance.
- The purchase and use of these MQMs/MQDs are subject to the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Membership Guide. To review the rules, see Membership Guide & Program Rules. Offers void where prohibited by law. Additional restrictions may apply. Delta is solely responsible for the redemption and fulfillment of MQMs and MQDs.
- The sale, barter, gift or assignment of MQMs, MQDs, mileage awards or other benefits, other than by Delta, is expressly prohibited.
- Please allow 24 hours for the MQMs and MQDs purchased under the Buy MQMs/MQDs Program to be posted to a SkyMiles account. Purchased MQMs through the Buy MQMs/MQDs program will only be deposited toward a Member’s 2014 MQM balance. Dollars spent on purchase of MQMs will be deposited toward a Member’s 2014 MQD balance.
- The Buy MQMs/MQDs program is a limited time offer and will be available through 11:59 PM CST December 31, 2014.
- The Member’s acceptance of the terms of this Agreement authorizes Delta to charge the credit card that such Member provides under the Buy MQMs/MQDs Program for the amount stated, based on the number of MQMs purchased by such Member. In the event of any MQM/MQD or financial discrepancy, the payment calculations under this Agreement shall be based upon data contained in Delta’s records, and the data in Delta’s records shall take precedence over the data in any other records.
- Any MQMs purchased or MQDs credited through this agreement may not be conveyed to persons engaged in the sale, direct or indirect, of flight MQMs or arranging for the sale of such MQMs or MQDs. Any improper usage of MQMs/MQDs pursuant to this Agreement and the Buy MQMs/MQDs Program, or any other misuse of MQMs/MQDs, shall be grounds for immediate confiscation and forfeit of such MQMs/MQDs, including the adjustment of Medallion status and may be grounds for the forfeiture of all MQMs/MQDs in the Member’s account and the Member’s ejection from the SkyMiles program.
- Buy MQMs/MQDs may only be received into SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one mile since enrolling in the SkyMiles program. This Program may not be available in all markets or geographic areas. Member must purchase the minimum transaction amount of 2,500 MQMs per transaction. Purchased MQMs and credited MQDs will count toward qualifications for SkyMiles Medallion and Million Miler status and will not count toward a Member’s available mileage balance.
- Member may not purchase more than 10,000 MQMs for posting to his or her own account for the 2015 Medallion year. Purchased MQMs and credited MQDs cannot be gifted or transferred between accounts.
- All amounts paid by the Member for the purchase of MQMs and credit of MQDs is pursuant to this Agreement or as otherwise set forth on the Buy MQMs/MQDs purchase pages. MQM purchases and MQD credits are in U.S. dollars.
- The Member shall comply with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations with respect to this Agreement and the purchase of MQMs/credit of MQDs under the Buy MQMs/MQDs Program.
- By submitting the order form for MQMs, or by allowing the credit card number provided to be charged for the purchase of MQMs under the Buy MQMs/MQDs program, the Member acknowledges and signifies his or her agreement with the terms and conditions stated.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Member and Delta with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to such subject matter.
- Delta Air Lines retains the right to remove purchased MQMs and credited MQDs if payment is not received by the Bill To Party.
- MQMs purchased through the Buy MQMs/MQDs program may count as Rollover MQMs. MQDs do not roll over. Any MQMs earned above your Medallion qualification level at the end of the year will automatically roll over to your MQM balance for status qualification the following year. Rollover MQMs are a Medallion benefit only; non-Medallion Members with less than 25,000 MQMs as of December 31, 2014 will not roll over unused MQMs.
- Members that qualify for Rollover MQMs must also earn the minimum amount of MQDs needed to qualify for Medallion status.
- All Buy MQMs/MQDs transactions are final. Once a transaction is complete the MQMs/MQDs will not be reversed under any circumstance.
- Personal information provided in this application will be used by Delta Air Lines for the purpose of managing the Buy MQMs/MQDs and the SkyMiles program which are necessary for your participation in this program.
- Offer is valid for one SkyMiles account; merged SkyMiles accounts cannot exceed the 10,000 maximum MQMs.
- If applicable, Medallion status and Million Miler™ status will be updated within 24 hours of MQM purchase.
- The MQD requirement for Medallion status applies to members with a primary residence in the United States (50 states and the District of Columbia) only.
- Prices subject to change at any time without notice.