United Airlines has launched bonus offer for transatlantic travel between United States or Canada and select cities in Europe between January 16 and March 10, 2015.
The offer is valid for tickets issues from December 4 to March 10, 2015.
You can access and register for this offer on United’s website here.
You can earn 7,500 bonus miles on both first and second trip during the promotional period for maximum of 15,000 bonus miles.
Here are the eligible cities:
U.S. or Canada and Amsterdam (AMS), Brussels (BRU), Copenhagen (CPH), Frankfurt (FRA), Geneva (GVA), London (LHR), Munich (MUC), Paris (CDG) or Zurich (ZRH)
Here are the eligible fare classes:
United Global First (F, A), United BusinessFirst (J, C, D, Z, P) and United Economy (Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W)
Air Canada Business (J, C, D, Z, P) and Economy (O, E, N, Y, B, M, U, H, Q, V, W)
There must be similar offer for Air Canada Aeroplan members as well, but I couldn’t locate it yet. If you have transatlantic travel coming up during the offer period on the designated fare classes, it obviously make sense to sign up and collect the bonus miles.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- To qualify for this offer, MileagePlus members must register on united.com and Aeroplan members must register with Air Canada at aircanada.com prior to travel and before March 10, 2015.
- Offer valid on paid qualifying nonstop roundtrip travel between the U.S. or Canada and Amsterdam (AMS), Brussels (BRU), Copenhagen (CPH), Frankfurt (FRA), Geneva (GVA), London (LHR), Munich (MUC), Paris (CDG) and Zurich (ZRH).
- Members can choose to earn miles in either MileagePlus or Aeroplan, but not both. Only one registration is eligible per member.
- Ticketing dates: December 4, 2014, through March 10, 2015.
- Travel dates: January 16, 2015, through March 10, 2015, with all travel completed by March 10, 2015.
- On United, offer is valid on paid published fares flown in United Global First (F, A), United BusinessFirst (J, C, D, Z, P) and United Economy (Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W). On Air Canada, offer is valid on paid published fares flown in Business (J, C, D, Z, P) and Economy (O, E, N, Y, B, M, U, H, Q, V, W).
- Aeroplan and MileagePlus members can earn 7,500 bonus award miles for the first nonstop roundtrip and an additional 7,500 bonus award miles for the second nonstop roundtrip.
- Bonus may be earned for up to two roundtrips for a maximum of 15,000 bonus award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city. Circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
- The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers with the exception of Air Canada.
- The offer is not valid on government fares.
- Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program or Air Canada Aeroplan program to qualify for this offer.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Bonus miles will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.