United Airlines just sent out an email about their latest targeted MileagePlus miles sale promotion at up to 50% off that is valid until December 16, 2014.
This offer that allows you to buy up to 150,000 miles and the price of a mile purchased under this offer is 1.88 cents each.
Note that I cannot provide a link to this offer, as it has my MileagePlus account number embedded.
United recently devalued their award chart, so you should check the number of miles required for your usual award redemption before going forward with this offer.
United reduced the number of miles required for handful of awards, but greatly devalued most partner awards in business and first class. There can still be instances, where buying miles could make sense.
This is the lowest price that United has been selling miles this year.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- To take advantage of this offer, you must use the order links on this page.
- Minimum purchase of 10,000 miles required for this promotional pricing.
- Buy 10,000 to 24,000 miles and receive a 25% discount, or buy 25,000 miles or more for a 50% discount.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Displayed price includes all discounts and taxes.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on December 16, 2014.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.