SAS Eurobonus has Point Bargains almost weekly, but I tend to cover them only when there are interesting destinations on sale.
The Point Bargains that are ending tomorrow for travel between January 8 – March 2, 2015, are actually very good. SAS must be feeling the heat from the huge program devaluation they recently announced (read more here).
You can access SAS Point Bargains here.
Remember that children between the ages of 2 – 11 pay only 50% of these already discounted mileage amounts. There are no fuel surcharges on Eurobonus awards on SAS metal.
Here are the routes that are on sale:
Maybe it is a good time to visit Chicago or Washington DC that are most heavily discounted. The Chicago return at only 30,000 miles is very good value (if you can put up with SAS Go economy).
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Transfer flights on domestic are included if nothing else is mentioned.
- Point bargains is always roundtrips.
- You can book this offers online within minutes.
- Point bargains is not available when you mix points and cash.
- Travel must be completed during the period to obtain the discount.
- Children receive a 50% discount on the offer, if nothing else is mentioned.
- Infants travel for free, if you book a seat for your baby – 50% discount.
- Start time for the offers are always UTC time, if nothing else is mentioned.
- Number of award seats available is limited – try to avoid Sunday’s.
- Reservations cannot be changed after booking period is over, then normal award price applies.
- In some cases, there are no direct flights within a zone or between two zones, so you must transit in another zone – which could make the award more expensive.
- You are not allowed to mix classes on these offers, you need to make the reservation in the same class to obtain the discount.
- The traveler must pay any applicable charges, such as airport taxes.
- Can not be combined with other award discounts/offers.
- EuroBonus general membership conditions apply.