Starwood today announced their latest SPG Double Play promotion for stays at the participating hotels between January 5 – April 15, 2015.
You earn double Starpoints for stays of 2 nights or longer + 1,000 bonus Starpoints for every 5 nights (max 4,000 bonus after 20 nights).
You can access and register for this offer here.
EDIT: Seems that the SPG web page for this promotion could be intermittently up/down.
Note that the registration for this offer starts on January 5 and ends on March 31,2015
Here’s the list of more than 100 hotels that have decided NOT to participate (remember to book away):
- Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba
- Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel
- Sheraton Vitoria Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Québec Resort
- Sheraton on the Falls Hotel
- The Westin Edmonton
- The Westin Prince, Toronto
- W Montréal
- Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan
- The Westin Beijing Chaoyang
- Four Points by Sheraton Cali
- Four Points by Sheraton Medellin
- Sheraton Bogota Hotel
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel & Casino
- Sheraton Presidente San Salvador Hotel
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Elounda
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini
- Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos
- Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini
- Le Méridien Cyberport
- W Hong Kong
- Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad
- Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
- The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
- The Westin Sohna Resort & Spa
- The Westin Dublin
- Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel
- Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
- Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto
- The Westin Osaka
- Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
- The Westin Panama
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama
- Sheraton Algarve, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Albufeira
- Le Méridien Jeddah
- Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers
- Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mallorca
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort Canary Isle
- Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
- The Westin Palace, Madrid
- Le Méridien Taipei
- Le Méridien Chiang Rai Resort, Thailand
- The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai
- Le Méridien Piccadilly
- The Park Lane Hotel, London
- W London – Leicester Square
- Aloft San Francisco Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort
- Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
- Sheraton Cerritos Hotel
- Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf Hotel
- Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
- SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
- The Westin San Francisco Airport
- W Hollywood
- W Los Angeles – Westwood
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort
- The Westin Snowmass Resort
- Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park
- Aloft Miami Doral
- Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
- Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel
- Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport
- The Westin Tampa Bay
- Walt Disney World Dolphin
- Walt Disney World Swan
- Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North Hotel
- Aloft Chicago O’Hare
- Four Points by Sheraton St. Louis – Fairview Heights
- The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile
- The Westin Chicago River North
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- W Chicago – City Center
- Sheraton Metairie – New Orleans Hotel
- Sheraton Boston Hotel
- Sheraton Colonial Boston North Hotel & Conference Center
- The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston
- The Westin Boston Waterfront
- The Westin Copley Place, Boston
- W Boston
- The Westin Minneapolis
- Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
- Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
- Four Points by Sheraton Manchester Airport
- Aloft Mount Laurel
- Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
- Le Parker Méridien New York
- W New York – Union Square
- Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
- The Westin Portland
- Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North
- Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
- Aloft Dallas Downtown
- Aloft Frisco
- Aloft Las Colinas
- Aloft Plano
- Element Houston Vintage Park
- Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport
- Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa
- Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel
- W Austin
- The St. Regis Deer Valley
- Le Méridien Arlington
- Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
- The Westin Bellevue
- Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
This is fairly typical double Starpoints promotion for stays of more than 2 nights during the promotional period with a 200 bonus Starpoints per night sweeter (1K for every 5 nights for up to 20 nights).
Here are the frequently asked questions by SPG:
When can I register for the promotion?
SPG members can register starting January 5, 2015, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) March 31, 2015, hereafter referred to as the “registration period.”
Can anyone register for this promotion?
What are the dates during which I can earn bonus Starpoints?
Each registered member can earn bonus Starpoints for eligible paid stays from January 5, 2015, through April 15, 2015.
Will eligible stays or nights prior to registration count toward my earning?
Yes, as long as the member registers by March 31, 2015, any eligible paid stay from January 5, 2015, through April 15, 2015, will count toward earning.
How do I earn double Starpoints?
A registered member will earn double Starpoints if the eligible stay is two or more nights at participating hotels and resorts during the promotion period.
How do I earn the 1,000-Starpoints bonus?
Registered members who stay five eligible nights at a participating hotel or resort will earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints. The nights do not need to be consecutive. The bonus may be earned up to four times. Stays of any length may count toward the five nights required to earn the bonus.
At which Starwood hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn bonus Starpoints?
A member can earn Starpoints at over 1,000 participating Starwood hotels and resorts. Click here to view the complete list of hotels and resorts not participating in the promotion.
What qualifies as an eligible paid stay for the double Starpoints?
An eligible paid stay has at least two nights at a participating SPG hotel or resort paying a qualifying rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the terms and conditions of the SPG program (spg.com/t&c).
Can I book through a third party and earn bonus Starpoints?
Stays booked through prepaid, third-party channels, such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, delta.com, etc., are not eligible Rate Plans, so the member will not earn Starpoints and will not qualify for any bonus offer.
How many Starpoints do I earn with double Starpoints?
With double Starpoints, a member will earn four (4) total Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent. Elite-level extra Starpoints earnings and other bonuses will not be doubled. Only the base two-Starpoints-per-dollar earnings are doubled. There is no limit on the number of total bonus Starpoints a member can earn.
If part of my stay was reserved using a Free Night Award or SPG Cash & Points, will my stay qualify?
No, stays booked with Free Night Awards or Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for this promotion. Even if part of the stay is reserved using an Award and part is paid, the member will not receive bonus Starpoints for any part of the stay.
If I check in before January 5, 2015, or check out after April 15, 2015, but some of my stay is in the eligible stay time period, does my stay earn the bonus?
Yes, as long as two nights of the stay are within the promotion period, bonus Starpoints will be earned on every night during the entire stay (even if part of the stay falls outside the promotion period).
When will bonus Starpoints post to my account?
Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within 2–4 weeks of each eligible paid stay posting. Please note the double Starpoints may post prior to the 1,000 Starpoints bonuses.
Will I earn stay and night credits toward elite status?
A member will earn stay and night credits as he or she normally does while earning bonus Starpoints.
Can I take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time?
Yes. However, each promotion earns bonuses independently of each other.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Registration: SPG members must register online at spg.com/doubleplay by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on March 31, 2015. Registered members can earn bonus Starpoints® for every eligible stay between January 5, 2015, and April 15, 2015 (the “promotion period”) at participating Starwood hotels and resorts. A list of nonparticipating hotels and resorts can be found at spg.com/doubleplay and is subject to change.
Earning: Registered members will earn double Starpoints on eligible stays of two or more consecutive nights. To view the complete list of hotels and resorts that are not participating in the promotion, visit spg.com/doubleplay. Members who earn double Starpoints will earn an additional two (2) Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent (for a total of 4 [four] Starpoints per dollar). Elite-level extra Starpoints earnings and other bonuses will not be doubled. Only the base two-Starpoints-per-dollar earnings are doubled. There is no limit on the number of bonus Starpoints that can be earned during the promotion period. Offer is eligible with other Starpoints promotions; however, each offer will award bonus Starpoints independently of each other, and offers are not combinable.
Bonusing: Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within 2–4 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
The 1,000-Starpoints bonus: Registered members are eligible to receive a 1,000-Starpoints bonus for every eligible five nights between January 5, 2015, and April 15, 2015. The five nights do not need to be consecutive. The bonus may be earned up to four times. Stays of any length may count toward the five nights required to earn the bonus.
Eligible Stays: An Eligible Stay is defined as two or more consecutive nights paying an eligible rate in the same hotel, regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account. An Eligible Rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of participating SPG hotels and resorts and of Eligible Stays and Eligible Rates can be found at spg.com under Terms & Conditions of the SPG Program. See Section 1.4 b iii for the complete definition of Eligible Rates. Note that certain prepaid room reservations, such as when the booking is made through a third party — including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com, orbitz.com and delta.com — are not considered Eligible Rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify for promotional earnings.