This is really a last minute last call for purchasing Marriott Rewards points. You can buy or be gifted up to 50,000 points in a calendar year that cost $625.
In most cases, it doesn’t make too much sense to buy these to use for regular hotel rewards, but you could consider this as buying airline miles at roughly 1.25 cents each.
You can access Marriott’s web page for buying or gifting points here.
So, buying 50,000 points cost $625. I haven’t seen Marriott having point sales for a very long time.
Best use of Marriott Rewards points is to use them towards Marriott Travel Packages (read more here). You can get category 1-5 award for 7 nights + 120,000 airline miles for 270,000 Marriott Rewards points.
I just purchased the 50,000 Marriott Rewards points to my own and family member’s accounts. Both can then redeem a travel package once buying another 50K lot next year or wait until more points are earned from stays.
Here are the terms and conditions for buying and gifting points:
- A Member may purchase or receive as a gift a combined maximum of 50,000 Points per calendar year.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for purchase/gift transaction to be completed and Points to be awarded to recipient.
- You must be a Rewards Program Member in good standing to purchase and/or receive Points.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing Points with the Marriott Rewards Visa® card will result in earning one Point per dollar spent on these transactions.
- Points may be purchased at the rate of $12.50 per 1,000 Points.
A member may purchase or receive as a gift a combined maximum of 50,000 points per calendar year.
Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000.
Purchase rate is 12.50 (USD) per 1,000 points.
Please allow 24-48 hours for transaction to be completed and points awarded to recipient.
You must be a Marriott Rewards member in good standing to both purchase and receive points.
Once points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
Purchasing points with the Marriott Rewards Visa® card will result in earning one point per dollar spent on these transactions.