Malaysia Airlines has launched new redemption promo for travel between Kuala Lumpur or Kota Kinabalu and destinations served by MH in Australia.
The discount that varies between 30% to 50% is valid for travel between February 1 – June 15, 2015, and must be ticketed January 7 – 13.
You can access this offer on Malaysia’s website here.
Here are the eligible routes with number of miles required:
Could be a good time to burn some of those Malaysia Airlines Enrich miles IF you have been planning to travel between these cities that are on sale using miles.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. Enrich will be running the 30% – 50% Enrich Hearts Australia Redemption Campaign 2015 which is valid from 07 January 2015 to 13 January 2015 (the “Sale Period”), inclusive of both dates.
2. The travel period pursuant to this Promotion is strictly from 01 February 2015 to 15 June 2015 only (the “Travel Period”). The entire flight journey, return or otherwise, must be within the Travel Period.
3. This Promotion shall not be applicable with any other promotion or offer. This Promotion is also available online and overrides the 15% normal online rebate.
4. This Promotion is open to all Enrich members who have accrued the required Enrich Miles available in the respective Enrich member’s account, without any breach of the applicable Enrich terms and conditions (“Enrich Member”).
5. This offer is subject to seat availability and valid for one-way/return flights from/to Kuala Lumpur to/from Adelaide/Brisbane/Darwin/Melbourne/Perth/Sydney. This promotion also includes one-way/return flights from/to Kota Kinabalu to/from Perth. From/to in this context refers to travel between two destinations, e.g. from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur and return or Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne and return.
6. The 30% – 50 % Enrich Hearts Australia Campaign does not apply for connecting flights such as Sydney – Kuala Lumpur – London return or London – Kuala Lumpur – Melbourne return. To enjoy the promotion, tickets for each connecting flight must be redeemed separately. Only point-to-point redemptions are allowed. The promotion is applicable for mixed class/turnaround open- jaw on the same zone for return trips only.
7. This Promotion is only applicable to Malaysia Airlines flights on Economy (L, V, S, K, M, Y, B and H) and Business (J, C and D).
8. Seats under this Promotion are limited and shall be given on a first come, first served basis, subject to any applicable terms and conditions, rules and regulations of Malaysia Airlines.
Redemption of Tickets
9. Enrich Members may redeem flight tickets under this Promotion during the Promotion Period only (“Redeemed Ticket”). The Redeemed Ticket shall be valid for travel within the Travel Period only. This will override any other validity period shown on any Redeemed Ticket during the sale or travel period.
10. A Redeemed Ticket must be redeemed or issued on 07 January and before/on 13 January 2015, failing which the Enrich Member will be ineligible for this Promotion and the normal miles will apply. No appeals will be entertained.
11. Any flight ticket redeemed or issued prior to this Promotion (before 07 January 2015) shall not be eligible for reissuance or refund for the purpose of this Promotion.
12. Once a Redeemed Ticket has been processed by Malaysia Airlines, it is irrevocable and may not be cancelled or altered.
13. Once a Redeemed Ticket is issued, it is deemed used even if it is not utilised on the prescribe flight date and time and Enrich Miles will be forfeited. Malaysia Airlines shall not accept any liability whatsoever (including but without limitation, liability for negligence) with respect to any Enrich Miles or Redeemed Ticket not redeemed or issued in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Enrich Member shall have no further claims whatsoever against Malaysia Airlines, including any claim for airport taxes and any surcharges paid.
14.A Redeemed Ticket is non-endorsable (i.e. not to be endorsed with another airline), non-transferable and non-refundable. Malaysia Airlines shall be entitled to invalidate any Redeemed Ticket if found to be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions, Enrich Terms and Conditions or any other applicable rules and regulations of Malaysia Airlines.
15. Name change is not permitted.
Extensions, Changes and Cancellations
16. A Redeemed Ticket is NOT valid for travel beyond the Travel Period. The Enrich Member will need to top up the normal miles applicable, as provided for under this Section.
17. Penalties shall be applicable for the following:
- Extension: A one (1) year extension from the original date of issuance of the Redeemed Ticket will be subject to USD60 fee. Normal miles will apply if travel is beyond the Travel Period. Additional taxes may apply.
- Changes to the date or sector: Change of date or sector for any unutilised Redeemed Ticket is allowed within the Promotion Period. For partly utilised Redeemed Ticket, only change of flight or date is allowed within the Promotion Period. All changes are subject to a USD50 fee. Normal miles will apply if travel is beyond the Travel Period. Additional taxes may apply.
- Changes to the route or class: Change of route (irrespective of whether in the same zone) or change to a higher class for the same sector, e.g. from Economy to Business Class or Business to First Class, will be subject to the applicable higher class under this Promotion if the Redeemed Ticket and travel date and time is redeemed within the Promotion Period. Normal miles will apply for any change to a higher class or change in routing (irrespective of whether in the same zone) after the Promotion Period. All changes are subject to a USD50 fee. Additional taxes may apply.
- Seat Cancellation or No-shows: Last minute seat cancellation or no-shows within 24 hours for the Redeemed Tickets are subject to a USD80 fee. Normal miles will apply if travel is beyond the Promotion Period. Additional taxes may apply.
The penalties above will override any other fee shown on the ticket during the sale or travel period.
Further Terms and Conditions
18. Top-up with Enrich Express is permitted provided 70% of the required Enrich Miles is available in the Enrich Member’s account for use on the Redeemed Ticket.
19. The Terms and Conditions for Cash + Miles redemption apply if Cash + Miles is used for this promotion. For the full Cash + Miles Terms and Conditions, please refer to: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich/about-enrich/terms-and-conditions.html
20. Strictly NO refund is allowed for tickets redeemed with full miles and tickets redeemed with Cash + Miles, including taxes and any surcharges collected under this 30% – 50% promotion.
21. This Promotion is not valid on all or any oneworld partner flights, Enrich partner flights, MH5000/9000 series, MASwings, Firefly codesharing flights, charter flights or flights jointly operated by other airlines. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein, Malaysia Airlines shall have the right to reject any request for redemption of tickets for any reason whatsoever as it deems fit and reasonable at its sole discretion.
22. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions or withdraw this Promotion at any time with or without prior notice. No person shall be entitled to any claim whatsoever against Malaysia Airlines.
23. If any matter arises which are not covered in these Terms and Conditions, they will be determined solely by Malaysia Airlines.
24. This Promotion, the utilisation of Enrich Miles and the redemption of tickets, are further subject to other standard reservations and ticketing rules and regulations including but not limited to, General Conditions of Carriage, Malaysia Airlines rules and regulations, and Enrich Terms and Conditions. Enrich Members must read these applicable standards, rules and regulations together with these Terms and Conditions. If there is any inconsistency between the applicable standards, rules and regulations and with these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
25. This Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia. Enrich Members agree that the Courts of Malaysia have jurisdiction over all matters arising from this Promotion.