On January 4, I wrote (access here) about an apparent earning “enhancement” that IHG Rewards Club had instituted for stays at InterContinental hotels.
My stay at an InterContinental hotel that posted after the new year didn’t include both the Royal Ambassador and Platinum bonus points. I sent an email to IHG to get a clarification, but received no reply.
You can access IHG’s web page for Ambassador benefits here.
I can now confirm, however, that this apparently was a mistake OR IHG Rewards Club is not yet instituting this change.
My stay at the same hotel that posted without bonus point couple of days earlier included both bonuses this time around.
Here are the benefits associated with the Royal Ambassador status that doesn’t include ANY reference to bonus points for stays at InterContinental hotels:
RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
- Guaranteed upgrade to executive room, Club InterContinental room or suite
- Guaranteed room availability, 24 hrs in advance
- Fresh fruit upon arrival
- Mineral water in room, replenished daily
- In-room gift
- Complimentary use of in-hotel health club facilities
- Single-room rate for double occupancy
ENJOY A MORE RELAXING STAY
- Early check in from 8am, extended checkout, up to 4pm
- Dedicated Ambassador check-in area
- Complimentary Internet
- Complimentary mini-bar beverages, during stay
- Complimentary pay-TV film per stay
- Complimentary newspaper, delivered daily
- Instant checkout
EARN & REDEEM REWARDS
- Complimentary weekend night certificate*
- Earn IHG® Rewards Club points at all IHG hotels
- Collect points or miles
- 5,000 bonus IHG® Rewards Club points
- Redeem points for rewards, including free nights
IHG Rewards Club has set this bonus to expire at the end of 2014. There is no other explanation why it didn’t post first for stays that posted in 2015. There is nothing on the T&C’s of the program about these bonus points. Maybe they are going away just like the Ambassador accelerator did without any announcements?