United Airlines has launched a new bonus miles offer to combat AA’s similar one (read more here) for travel in premium cabins.
The bonus is greater for those with status and the bonus is dependent if the flights is short-haul haul or long-haul one + the ticketed fare class.
You can access this offer on United’s website here, but registration is not required. .
Here’s the bonus miles table:
Note that this offer is also valid for United marketed flights that are operated by ANA, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Copa, Lufthansa or Swiss.
It didn’t take long for United to blink on the offer that American Airlines extended for their frequent fliers. The bonus is rather for those tickets booked on Z or P fare classes (United must hate people that book those discounted fares).
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- No registration is required.
- Travel must begin on or after January 9, 2015, and be completed on or before February 28, 2015, to qualify for this offer.
- The number of bonus miles earned for each qualifying flight segment will be based on the member’s MileagePlus status on the date of travel.
- For this offer, “Long-Haul” flight segments are defined as those with a scheduled distance of at least 3,000 miles or the p.s.® routes between New York JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco. “Short-Haul” flight segments are non-p.s. routes and those with a scheduled distance of less than 3,000 miles. Distance determinations will be made by United Airlines in its discretion.
- MileagePlus Premier® 1K® members are eligible to earn 12,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, 3,500 award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P, 1,000 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 500 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P.
- Premier Platinum, Premier Gold and Premier Silver members are eligible to earn 6,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, 1,000 award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P, 500 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 250 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P.
- Members without Premier status are eligible to earn 3,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 250 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D.
- Qualifying flight segments included in this promotion are flights operated by United or United Express®, or flights marketed by United and operated by Air Canada (AC), All Nippon Airways (NH), Austrian Airlines (OS), Brussels Airlines (SN), Copa Airlines (CM), Lufthansa (LH) or Swiss International Airlines (LX).
- Eligible flight segments operated by these select airline partners must have an associated UA flight number to be eligible for this promotion.
- Flight segments marketed by United and operated by Copa Airlines are only eligible for the associated bonuses in fare classes Z and P. Members without Premier status will not earn a bonus through this promotion on flight segments operated by Copa Airlines.
- The number of bonus miles earned from MileagePlus partners on qualifying flight segments is based on the operating carrier’s equivalent fare class, which could result in differences between the booking class purchased and the booking class flown.
- Traveler must be a member of United’s MileagePlus program and qualifying flight segments must be credited to the member’s MileagePlus account by March 31, 2015, in order for the member to receive this offer.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier status qualification or Million Miler status.
- Offer is only valid for flight segments originally booked in fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z or P.
- Award tickets and tickets that are not eligible to earn award miles do not qualify for this offer.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Bonus award miles will post to the member’s MileagePlus account two to four weeks after the qualifying flight segment.
- Service charges apply when ticketing with a United representative by phone ($25), at a City Ticket Office ($30) and in person at the airport ($35) in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada. Ticketing charges may vary outside of these areas and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.