Avianca has new share LifeMiles promotion that comes with 100% bonus for transactions made between February 2 – 16, 2015.
When you transfer miles, LifeMiles is charging $15 per 1,000 transferred and will double the amount to the recipient. You are essentially paying for 1.5 cents for each new LifeMiles minted.
You can access this offer on LifeMiles website here.
Note that the maximum number of miles that each member can receive via transfers is capped at 150,000 that includes any possible bonus miles.
The price of the 1,000 transfer block on the terms and conditions is listed as $17,70, but when I tried to do this between two US accounts the fee was $15 per 1,000.
LifeMiles has raised the price of miles that you purchase outright, but has kept the price of a mile minted through the transfer bonus at 1.5 cents each. Purchasing LifeMiles can make sense at this price IF you are able to use them for international business and sometimes first class tickets.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is available at LifeMiles.com, Avianca’s Information Centers and Call Center except for Venezuela and Argentina where is only available through LifeMiles.com.
- This promotion applies between February 2nd and 16th, 2015, as the last date of transfer.
- Minimum transfer miles: 1,000.
- Maximum transfer miles per member per calendar year: 75,000.
- The miles must be transferred in multiples of 1,000.
- Maximum LifeMiles to receive per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses transfer of promotional miles).
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $17.70* including taxes for each country**.
- The amount paid for the miles’ transfer is not refundable.
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through ENJOY/Transfer LifeMiles Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption.
- Form of payment through Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card.
- Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers.
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status.
- The transferred miles, once accrued, can be redeemed according to the conditions specified in the LifeMiles’ Terms and Conditions and portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions may apply, you can find them at LifeMiles.com.
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp.
- *For residents in Colombia: The values must be calculated at the TRM rate of the date of transaction.
- **For residents in Peru: the transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $17.7, S. / 52.22 including taxes.
- Rate change to January 1st, 2015: S /. 2.95.
- The final price in Nuevos Soles will be determined don the Exchange rate of the day of the redemption.
- For the rest of countries, the values must be calculated at the exchange rate of the date of transaction.
- **The price can be less depending on the country of residence that the member has registered in our data base