IHG has a nice InterContinental resort in Bali just south of the airport at Jimbaran. It is not the most modern hotel, but is done in a Balinese style (that is missing from some of the newer hotels).
You can access InterContinental Bali website here.
READ MORE: Compensation Clinic: Courtyard Bali Seminyak
So, I ended up staying there on a recent Saturday and things didn’t quite go as smoothly as I would have hoped.
1. Check in
– I had made the reservation roughly half an hour before arriving to the hotel and it took forever for the Club lounge to check me in.
2. Do Not Disturb (DND)
– Put the DND sign outside after arriving at my club room because wanted to have a nap. Staff knocked at the door several times (probably trying to deliver my bag).
3. Connecting door – noise issues
– Having a connecting door is a very bad idea if the other party is making noise and the hotel doesn’t have adequate insulation between the doors. The hotel decided to move me to a suite (which should have been the Royal Ambassador upgrade in the first place).
4. Faulty Air Condition unit
– Woke up during the night and thought that there was water running in the bathroom, but all was good. Then realized that there was a mini-rain shower in the living room where water was coming down through the ceiling.
– Called the MOD that came and didn’t realize what was going on first. They told that they would prepare another suite for me.
READ MORE: Compensation Clinic: Emirates
I didn’t even ask anything but the Manager on Duty told that they would waive the charges for the night in question and I accepted. I told that they could extend my stay by a day and to make sure that the stay would properly then post as two paid nights (it did).
I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and the Royal Ambassador treatment is usually very good. The problems started because they are not very well equipped to handle reservations that are done for same day arrival.
The club lounge at this hotel is one of the better ones that I have seen and you can have (at least you have been in the past) the have the afternoon happy hour by the club pool or at the beach bar. Breakfast and the afternoon tea in the lounge are both quite nice.
I like the fact that they offered to waive the charges for the night without the guest having to prompt anything. I needed a qualifying resort stay credit towards the Set Your Sights promotion, so I decided to extend my stay by a night.